Get better MPG with a ricer and have FUN

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2003, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Get better MPG with a ricer and have FUN

This is an edited version of what I wrote on another web-site dedicated to small cars. I thought some of my good friends here might enjoy it.

I get excellent mileage on the freeway, especially on long trips. I do what they do in Nascar. It’s called (drafting). What you do is get right up on the bumper of a ricer, so there is only like 5 inches of space between my front end and their rear-end and it greatly cuts down the wind resistance of my truck (or any car for that matter). That will gain me approx. 4-5 mpg more mileage.

The problem with that are the people in the ricers tend to freak out, kind of go crazy on you. You can see them all jumping around inside like their hanging on for dear life, guess they don’t have a 5-point safety belt and helmets with them. I guess what freaks them out the most is as they move over to another lane I follow them. It goes on for a while, from one line to another. Sometimes that tends to really **** me off because if I am not on top of my ball game and miss calculate their move it leaves the front end of my truck out in the air (thus reducing overall fuel mileage). I guess they figure I pull up on their @ss in order to get them to move out of the way but that is not it at all.

Sometimes I try yelling out my window:

“HEY, would you drive a straight goddamn line and QUIT moving from lane to lane, I am trying to do my part in conserving fuel you sh*tbag co*k-a-roach”

I imagine they may not be able to hear me because of all the wind noise at 80 - 90mph. Mind you I don’t usually drive no 80 - 90mph, being it’s against the law. I start out around 60mph and as I get up to my 5 inch zone they tend to speed up thus forcing me to speed up to maintain my 5 inch zone, Its all about the zone baby, lose the zone and drafting is not as effective. It never seems to get much higher then 90mph. I believe that is related to the fact that most ricers can’t get up past 90mph. I am thinking they loose horsepower at about 75mph because that is about the speed I see their stickers start flying off that or their knees start shacking or something (they should of got the 5-point safety belt option that comes with helmets for the family).

Sometimes when doing it on long stretches of freeway, where you find rest stops these people just pull right in to the rest stop still doing like 90mph. I am in my truck yelling “yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaa” time for a Nascar pit stop. They get inside the rest stop and lock their brakes and now I am figuring these people finally figured it out, this is Nascar BABY. So I lay on my brakes hard right behind them and pit in the stall right behind them. It’s amazing how well I maintain my 5 inch zone.

I jump out to go talk to them about the fun we have been having the past 45mins or so and before I can get to their car they are all jumping out and running to the bathroom, as if they need to take a major dump. I usually give them approx. 20 – 30 seconds to get back out and going otherwise I take off since longer then 30 seconds is way to long for a damn pit stop (beginners I guess) anyway I high tail it back to the freeway to find another drafting partner. It is a blast and man does time fly when you’re doing it.

Do me a favor those of you that drive ricers. Next time you see grill in your rear-view mirror don’t assume its someone that wants you out of the way It may be someone trying to draft with you to do their part for good ol’ mother earth. It’s Nascar BABY.

Old 01-30-2003, 08:55 PM
LMAO!

Old 01-30-2003, 09:01 PM
Old 01-30-2003, 09:02 PM
LoL! sounds like a ricer thats doing the drafting on a ricer by the way hes talking about pretending to be in a "nascar" race

Old 01-30-2003, 09:04 PM
Harley:

No that was me posting about my truck drafting on ricers...

I don't know if the people on the other web-site liked it that much...

Old 01-30-2003, 09:05 PM
XLT get on IM

Old 01-31-2003, 01:55 AM
That one was funny. You're right, they probably did not like that too much.

Old 01-31-2003, 07:21 AM
Its NASCAR baby...

Old 01-31-2003, 09:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Its not rubbing its racing

Old 01-31-2003, 11:07 AM
LOL

Old 01-31-2003, 12:28 PM
Sounds like it's time to loose the 5inch zone and start bump drafting - push those ricers to increase their top end. This way you'll be conserving fuel, AND getting your gas guzzler off the road that much quicker!

Old 01-31-2003, 02:54 PM
I tried once to bump draft and it was unsuccessful. It was like bumping a Pepsi can, their rear-end just kind of crumpled up like when you step on a can. It completely screwed up my airflow over the hood. But, it was a cool show watching all the sparks fly from the back of a “ready for deposit” soda can…

Old 01-31-2003, 06:07 PM
well with those giant body kits and wings, you'd probably crack their fiberglass "body kit" before you crinkled their tin can truck

Old 01-31-2003, 09:13 PM
LMAO

Old 01-31-2003, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by 01 XLT Sport
I tried once to bump draft and it was unsuccessful. It was like bumping a Pepsi can, their rear-end just kind of crumpled up like when you step on a can. It completely screwed up my airflow over the hood. But, it was a cool show watching all the sparks fly from the back of a “ready for deposit” soda can…
LOL

Quick Reply: Get better MPG with a ricer and have FUN