F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Finally have the TPW!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2002, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Finally have the TPW!!

Well the dealer finally gave me the TWP for my new F250 SD CC 4x4. They told me that the build week is January 14th and I should have the truck sometime between the 1st and 14th of February. Does anyone have any advice about the order or anything I should stay on top of the dealer about? I have never ordered a vechicle before so I am not sure of the proceedings from here. Any suggestions at all will be helpfu! Thanks in advance!

dusty

Old 01-02-2002, 10:51 PM
Hey Dusty, Thats great you now have the order and build time confirmed. I just went through the whole process and basically it is now just a waiting game. I was able to get weekly updates on the status of my vehicle from the dealer. All Ford dealers get status reports on computer every monday and friday about the vehicles that are being built for that particular dealer. I was able to track my truck after it was built on Dec. 16th to the exact day it would arrive at my dealer which was dec.27th. so if yours is built around jan 14th you should see it at your dealer by the beginning of Feb. you are closer than me to where the SD's are built in Kentucky that is if you are getting a Kentucky SD. I am not sure how Ford determines which SD's get built in Kentucky and the ones that are built in Mexico. Anyway, the best of luck and the waiting time goes fast. Steve C.

1995 Cobra R model #185.

Old 01-05-2002, 06:06 AM
Thanks Steve. I just read that GM is going to start giving $2002 rebates in place of the 0% financing they were doing last year. Maybe Ford will do something similar! Lets hope so!

Old 01-05-2002, 10:48 PM
Hey Dusty, Fords low financing programs are over on jan. 14th and I have read on a site that Ford and Dodge were reviewing GM's new rebate program and will decide shortly what they will do. I would think that Ford will also go along with some kind of rebate program. Hopefully you will get a nice rebate check when you get your new SD and you can get some very low interest rate auto loans from banks right now. good luck. Steve C.

Old 01-15-2002, 04:21 PM
Ford is giving $1000 rebates now (you can pick either the rebate or a low finance rate through ford motor credit). We're picking up our new F-250 on Friday (4x4 crew cab).

Charlie

Old 01-27-2002, 01:08 AM
Word to the wise

When I ordered my SD last year, I made the mistake of not adding the few "luxury" items I really wanted thinking that I could go aftermarket and do everything myself. Well, I can tell you that now I wish I had just ordered the truck with everything I wanted and then some. For example, I ordered the most basic am/fm stereo they had. After I had the truck for a couple of months, I found the Premium stereo on Ford's website. It consisted of an In-dash 6cd player/changer and 4 premium speakers. I immediately called Ford for a price to get just the 6cd player. They told me the installation hardware and 6cd player would all be around $1000.00 And then I would have to install myself. Obviously, I did not go with that. Instead, I bought a Pioneer single cd player and 4 Pioneer speakers for about $425.00 and installed myself. And by the way, if you ever take off the door panel, be careful. There are 3 screws, one in the arm rest, one behind the window crank, and one behind the reflector. The panel itself you have to push up to get off. DO NOT PULL!! The older trucks had the white "christmas tree" plugs that you could pull out. No more! I found that out the hard way when I snapped 3 tabs on the pass. side
The dealer actually called me more than I called them. It took about 2 months but I live in CT. Good luck with the new truck. These things are made better than any other truck in over 20 years. After 13000mi, I absolutely love mine

Old 01-27-2002, 07:39 AM
Thumbs down The "so called" premium stereo

The white Ford: please don't feel like you ordered the wrong stereo package, I think you actually got the right one. I ordered my truck with the upgraded "premium" package. I do still have the head unit in the truck but had to add pre-outs to it to connect to my amp. And the premium speakers are a joke. They were out within a week of getting the truck. They do make nice paperweights in the garage. So be glad you saved your money because you would most likely have been taking it back out anyways.

Now this may sound like I'm having a "female moment" here but what is a TWP???

Dustyhol: when you ordered your truck did you get a copy of the DORA???

Quick Reply: Finally have the TPW!!