F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

lack of power on new truck

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 12:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mike1188
The dealer and Ford both agreed that something was wrong today.It will not tack above 2800 rpms.They are checking fuel injectors.At least they on the same page with me now.I don't thank they are going in the right direction.
how many miles on the truck, how long have you had it?

Old 10-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The truck has 1400 miles on it.The dealer reprogrammed the pcm today they could not fix it.I gave up on them and went and took it from them.I am going to take it to a dealer with a better service dept. on Monday.It does not look good right now.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:31 PM
The truck has 1400 miles on it.The dealer reprogrammed the pcm today they could not fix it.I gave up on them and went and took it from them.I am going to take it to a dealer with a better service dept. on Monday.It does not look good right now.
But if Ford admitted it's a problem per your earlier post....? Why not let them have it until it's resolved? Shouldn't they supply you with a rental whatever until then or exchange the truck? Kinda confused....

Old 10-15-2009, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
But if Ford admitted it's a problem per your earlier post....? Why not let them have it until it's resolved? Shouldn't they supply you with a rental whatever until then or exchange the truck? Kinda confused....
They keep it four days only worked on it one day the other days did not even believe there was a problem.They had no clue what to do next.The dealer I am taking it to Monday has a good diesel tech and closer.The other dealer called me on the way home and said they would give me something to drive.Little to late.I am going to call Ford my shelf about giving me something to drive or replacing the truck.

Old 10-15-2009, 10:11 PM
They keep it four days only worked on it one day the other days did not even believe there was a problem.They had no clue what to do next.The dealer I am taking it to Monday has a good diesel tech and closer.The other dealer called me on the way home and said they would give me something to drive.Little to late.I am going to call Ford my shelf about giving me something to drive or replacing the truck.
well, good luck with it man...

Old 10-16-2009, 01:43 AM
My experience with diesel's is that all diesel mechanics are not created equal. A dealership is only as good as the diesel mechanic on payroll. If you don't trust your dealership, take it to another one. You deserve to have the best person working on your truck.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:48 AM
Originally Posted by freekyFX4
My experience with diesel's is that all diesel mechanics are not created equal. A dealership is only as good as the diesel mechanic on payroll. If you don't trust your dealership, take it to another one. You deserve to have the best person working on your truck.
very true...

Quick Reply: lack of power on new truck