F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Wheel hop issue with 37 inch Toyo's...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 10:06 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My sister just had a similar problem on her focus. They replaced all the tires on the car and it would shake horribly at the speeds you mentioned. The problem was that one of her wheels was bent and had to be replaced. You might want to have your wheels checked just for grins.

Old 06-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 04procompLARIAT
Well I got my truck back once again from 4wheelparts. They said they actually took it somewhere to get the tires road force balanced. They ended up replacing two tires but it still shakes at like 40-60 mph. I am so pissed. They keep tellling me that "its a 37, its going to have some hop"....thats crap! I think im going to take it to ORW or somewhere to have it balanced myself. Isnt it like 1 out of every 100 tires is out of round? How the hell did I get a whole set?!!?!?! If it isnt the tires what else could it be? Its not at startup so it cant be axle wrap. I am sure the guys at 4wheelparts arent that moronic to not be able to balance a tire and rim! Am I just the most unlucky person in the world?
How can I find a place that balances semi truck tires in socal?!
nuh uh dont settle for that, my dads got 37" BFG KM2's. those are quite possibly the smoothest set of tires ive ever ridden on. i think they are even better than my trucks 35" nittos that i was very content with.

i on the other hand, have seen several botch'd tires. but military tires, yeah i guess ya cant expect much for $100 36" tires lol

Quick Reply: Wheel hop issue with 37 inch Toyo's...