F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

how do all you rugged diesel owners fell now?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2008, 05:18 PM
Graphics Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 03-26-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey RR...are you jonesin' for a little cowbell? Do you have a fever, and the only prescription is...more cowbell?

Old 03-26-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by crazynip
Boy all you manly guys who commute to your office job and back with your crew cab dually diesel 4x4 must be really fellin good these days when you go fill er up at 4$ per gallon... man that 8 grand investment is looking like a stellar decision now, isnt it?

jealous much cause you cant roll with the big boys?

Old 03-26-2008, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
Its just interesting that once a gasser mentions that they are getting real good pricing compared to diesel
Diesel is $4 a gallon...regular gas is around $3.20. Thats around 20% cheaper. If gas was .99 a gallon diesel would by $1.20....not a huge difference. So $3.20 gas however you look at it is not a real good deal IMO. While .80 a gallon sounds like a lot, its really not that much if you look at total cost. Its kind of like the Walmart gift card deal where you get .03 a gallon off, when gas was $1.50 a gallon it was significant but now that its $3 a gallon its not worth messing with.

Gas is cheaper yeah but we are both still getting f'ed without a reach around.

Last edited by RamSS/T; 03-26-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 05:41 PM
I gotta tell ya, I feel even manlier knowing that I'm paying more per gallon. Makes me look even more like a stud.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to the auto parts store in my turbo diesel pick up truck to purchase a can of carburetor cleaner to clean the carbs out on my eBay project boat. I know you have no idea what a carburetor is, so use Google.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:54 PM
Suspended
Ok, I agree that the OP is an ***. I think that basically that all of us on his assness. Is that a word? Anywho, I have a neighbor, who bought an F250 powerstroke. This guy is an ***. He did not need it, and will NEVER use the truck to half of its potential. (He also owns a Porshe that has never even seen 80 miles an hour) I am about 99.9% sure that he did it for a ***** extension. He has money to burn... With that being said, just because the my neighbor is a douche bag, does not mean that everyone who drives a 250 is a douchebag. Its just that here in Texas, Super Duties are everywhere. Many of these trucks should be F150's, because the driver doesn't need them. But ya know what? Its there money,and their right to be a douche bag. I do laugh at these guys... I just think the OP is taking his frustration out on the wrong people. I dont really think he thought he would get this flamed. Not that he didn't deserve it!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:04 PM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
Diesel is $4 a gallon...regular gas is around $3.20. Thats around 20% cheaper. If gas was .99 a gallon diesel would by $1.20....not a huge difference. So $3.20 gas however you look at it is not a real good deal IMO. While .80 a gallon sounds like a lot, its really not that much if you look at total cost. Its kind of like the Walmart gift card deal where you get .03 a gallon off, when gas was $1.50 a gallon it was significant but now that its $3 a gallon its not worth messing with.

Gas is cheaper yeah but we are both still getting f'ed without a reach around.
Perfect example of getting riled by a gassers remarks - what a joke!

I'm not getting f'ed as I don't care...

Old 03-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
I gotta tell ya, I feel even manlier knowing that I'm paying more per gallon. Makes me look even more like a stud.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go to the auto parts store in my turbo diesel pick up truck to purchase a can of carburetor cleaner to clean the carbs out on my eBay project boat. I know you have no idea what a carburetor is, so use Google.
Speak it reverand!!!

Old 03-26-2008, 07:06 PM
diesels get better gas mileage than regular gas and it actually comes out to the same exact amount of money spent but what ever you say dude

Old 03-26-2008, 07:09 PM
No S%$* - dude.

Old 03-26-2008, 07:41 PM
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w...IDIeselman.flv

Here's what I think of fuel conservation I hope this works.

Last edited by IDIeselman; 03-26-2008 at 09:34 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by IDIeselman
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w...IDIeselman.flv

Here's what I think of fuel conservation I hope this works.
That's great!!!!

Ditto's to ya!

Old 03-26-2008, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Pagnew
Perfect example of getting riled by a gassers remarks - what a joke!

I'm not getting f'ed as I don't care...
If you dont care then why are you the one thats constantly posting on the issue? You really seem like you feel the need to justify having a gasoline powered Super Duty vs. a PSD. OK...we get it, you like the gasser better. I am sure had you wanted the diesel you would have got one, but if you feel your not getting f'ed at the pump too then we all need some of the crack your smoking.

Old 03-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
I would very much dislike driving a diesel right now, because I have no need for one. But I love the PSD. Nice truck. The OP is an *** and thats coming from the smallest brother of all Ford truck engines

Old 03-27-2008, 12:00 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman

Gosh Zach... if I only had a diesel... I could act just like you...

I want to go up to someone and say like, "What is gas?" or like "I need to wait 5 minutes before I turn off my truck, that's why I'm always late to work."...

One day... just one day I'll own one and use those excuses.

Just what is a carburator? Hmmm... it sounds like some kind of carb-reducing excercise...

Quick Reply: how do all you rugged diesel owners fell now?