F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

'99 F350 V10 - Won't start

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'99 F350 V10 - Won't start

I just bought this truck a few days ago, and unfortunately there is no owners manual. I plan on buying one off ebay, but that won't help me now!

It's been pretty cold (low to mid teens) and the truck has been firing right up for the past few days.

Tried to start it this evening and it was even colder, about 6 degrees. Nothing. It cranks just fine, but not even a hint of catching. I tried off the gas, 1" on the gas, floored, pumping, etc. and not even a tickle. I sniffed the tail pipe and didn't smell a strong gas odor, so I'm guessing no fuel.

If anybody can help me with these questions, it would be greatly appreciated!
  • Which fuse number is the fuel pump?
  • Is the fuse panel under the dash the only fuse panel?
  • Is there any sort of collision cutoff switch that possibly needs to be reset?
  • Any other ideas of what to check?
Of course it could just be a frozen fuel line, though not frozen at 15 degrees and frozen at 6 degrees seems a little suspect... Perhaps it will just fire right up in the morning when it warms up a little!

Old 01-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Enough is Enough Already
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pfb2
I just bought this truck a few days ago, and unfortunately there is no owners manual. I plan on buying one off ebay, but that won't help me now!

It's been pretty cold (low to mid teens) and the truck has been firing right up for the past few days.

Tried to start it this evening and it was even colder, about 6 degrees. Nothing. It cranks just fine, but not even a hint of catching. I tried off the gas, 1" on the gas, floored, pumping, etc. and not even a tickle. I sniffed the tail pipe and didn't smell a strong gas odor, so I'm guessing no fuel.

If anybody can help me with these questions, it would be greatly appreciated!
  • Which fuse number is the fuel pump?
  • Is the fuse panel under the dash the only fuse panel?
  • Is there any sort of collision cutoff switch that possibly needs to be reset?
  • Any other ideas of what to check?
Of course it could just be a frozen fuel line, though not frozen at 15 degrees and frozen at 6 degrees seems a little suspect... Perhaps it will just fire right up in the morning when it warms up a little!

Try to post this in the engine forum.

Quick Reply: '99 F350 V10 - Won't start