Woo Hoo!!!

13.8841!!! I finally joined the 13 second club! Official time is as follows:

Reaction time left off due to embarrassment
60 foot- 1.8012
1/8 ET- 8.7290
1/8 MPH- 77.17
1/4 ET- 13.8841
1/4 MPH- 95.10

I only got to make one pass because it started storming, but I'm pretty confident I can get her to a 13.7. My mph was even off a little- it's less than 1mph faster than when I ran 14.1's. I didn't notice 'til this morning but the fuel pump fuse blew so I'm gonna check the filter and change it if needed then replace the fuse. It may have blown on that pass at some point.

Would like to thank DIESEL INNOVATIONS for all their help in getting me where I want to be and being patient with my "newbie" questions and such since I started this mod trip in December of '04. What's next? NOS maybe? My next goal is 13.5's. Still letting my check book catch up for now, lol!

Old 08-04-2005, 12:36 PM
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
SWEET!

Awww come on, what was the reaction time?

Adrianspeeder

Old 08-04-2005, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol, it was a .9045. I probably average about .58 - .62, but I was concentrating on hitting my converter lock-up switch at the right time since it was the first time using it at the track.

Old 08-04-2005, 05:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by elmo
Lol, it was a .9045. I probably average about .58 - .62, but I was concentrating on hitting my converter lock-up switch at the right time since it was the first time using it at the track.

lol when conn. intl. dragway was open we used to go up in the tower and when a good friends r/t was way off we used to cross off the # and just write zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz there..... got the point across in a subtile way

...zap!

Old 08-04-2005, 07:47 PM
I'd skip the NOS and pane for now. The next thing I'd do is put some real oil to that thing. I'll bet if you were to watch your HPO its not holding 3000 psi at WOT. You could always do a quick spool H2e and some big BDP injectors for more power I'm getting anxious to get my BB installed, but I won't have time before my next trip.

I saw your gauge video on TDS. Your truck has WAY more V8 rumble than most of the PSDs I have run.

Old 08-04-2005, 09:36 PM
I'm actually waiting for some results on a couple of trucks running mini-me's. That's definately on my list though.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:23 AM
Which ones? I know jat99 is going to be running a stealth double with his MMs very shortly. Everything I've heard is that no matter the injector the oil pumps are worth it. The only time it might not is if you have stock injectors and one of the very rare good running factory units. I'm debating doing it even before I go for injectors. Of course maybe it has more to do with the fact that I don't want to pull my engine to do head studs just yet

Trending Topics

Old 08-05-2005, 09:47 AM
David in particular. I may have misread it, but I thought people were saying the hpop's had a bigger effect on stock injectors than bigger ones? I'm gonna get one either way along with the new headers from DI. Just want to know what to expect when I get 'em. I'm glad you told me about jat99. I'll pm him to see what kind of results he had. And no, propane will never touch this truck as long as I have it. Nitrous is another story.

Old 08-05-2005, 07:06 PM
Well last time I called jat99 he didn't have the pump yet, it was on order. The pumps have a smaller effect with stock injectors, its the big ones that benefit it the most from it. You've got it backwards. The larger the injector the larger volume of oil required to run it. Though hybirds are kind of a different story like your MMs. If you go to something like a 530 injector like dockboy's running you'd have uncontrollable smoke, high egts, and low power. They simply require more oil than a stock pump can produce. With a larger pump you can get the injection event when its needed and do it effectively. I'd deffinetly look at putting some oil to that as your next mod. I guarantee you that it'll pull like theres no tomorrow. Beyond that if you need more power I'd look at larger injectors again. The only thing is if you go with larger injectors the BB isn't going to keep up anymore. Thats why I got jat99's BB turbo. He said he was running out of boost on the high end. I'm pretty nervous about adding any drugs to mine, especially after hearing that nitrous sent a section of impeller through dockboy's h2e housing. Straight water injection on the other hand...........

I'm still curious what it is that WOP was working on that got so much attention that NOBODY will talk about

Old 08-07-2005, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by powerstroke73
I'm still curious what it is that WOP was working on that got so much attention that NOBODY will talk about
I hear ya' pal.

Quick Reply: Woo Hoo!!!