F-250 / Super Duty / Diesel

Dilemma - 6.0 diesel or v10

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 09:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bikenut, the key word in your case is IGNORE as in IGNORANT. Typical bonehead remarks from an uneducated, ignorant fool. You fit right in with the rest of the "pros." BTW, the smiley thing really stings. LOL! GFY

Old 05-03-2003, 12:24 AM
Ok ***, your so wise and educated I just cant compete

So, mr. wisdom, why did you get rid of the diesel you had and go to the 150?

Old 05-04-2003, 01:23 AM
you guy's are great,
it's like the day before the cut at training camp.

6l Diesel: absolutely sick in stock trim(towing, high mileage, low maintenance= winner)
too heavy for the usual offroad stuff though (although one can adapt)

10cyl gas+ 5k in mods,(the difference in price between engines),
one sick 500+ HP/400 ft/lb tq- rediculous, now that would be one sick engine,

Now get back to your argument, so sorry for the intrusion.

Old 05-05-2003, 12:25 PM
V10's are rare?

V10 - gas easier to find than diesel, still tows my 25' boat, proven engine?

6.0 Diesel - still buggy, cost half-a-Hundai more, not well suited for lots of short hop driving.

From what I'm reading I want a V10.

Funny thing is I live in DFW. We have at least 12 Ford dealers, if not more if you count FW. I can hardly find a V10, when I do its not in the truck I want. And I'm really wondering why there are so few out there? What happens in 5-7 years when I need parts?

If its a modular, how many parts does it share with the 5.4L?

Old 05-05-2003, 12:57 PM
Re: V10's are rare?

Originally posted by ksystems
Funny thing is I live in DFW. We have at least 12 Ford dealers, if not more if you count FW. I can hardly find a V10, when I do its not in the truck I want. And I'm really wondering why there are so few out there?
I found myself in the same position last year when I was looking to replace my '00. It was very difficult to find a V10-equipped truck sitting on the dealer's lot. I think that there are probably a couple of factors that contribute to this. First off, probably most people who are buying these trucks for work horses do go with the PSD (in whatever flavor is being offered). Also, I think that the inventory folks at these dealerships don't realize how many V10s they would actually sell if they ordered them that way for the lots. There are probably a lot of 5.4 owners who would have gone V10 if it was on the lot when they bought their truck since the cost differential is so minor [and NO, I am not knocking the 5.4 - it served me very well in my '00 supercab]. I looked at dealer inventory in eight states before I found what I wanted in TX.

Old 05-06-2003, 04:09 AM
WWF150 aka troll...you still can't understand there is no cps on the 7.3...Wake up...

Its a CMP....

Its not FW-16 in the 2001 and up PS...

Stay with me on this one and you can learn!!!!!Troll..

I dont know if they worked out the problems with the blowers yet...

Mine was $4100 more and I got a discount on that...Whats this 450ft lbs...thats it??? how about 800 without trying...

Old 05-06-2003, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Mach1
WWF150 aka troll...you still can't understand there is no cps on the 7.3...Wake up...

Its a CMP....

Its not FW-16 in the 2001 and up PS...

Stay with me on this one and you can learn!!!!!Troll..

Rest assured, I won't learn anything from you, except how to avoid the truth. A CMP now? Here's what the master parts changer has called this part in previous posts. In the meantime, he continues to stagger blindly along, "educating" people with even more diesel misinformation. It's about halfway down the page. BTW, he uses the dreaded letters, CPS, for the "crankshaft position sensor."

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=2

The master parts changer can't remember all of the "diesel wisdom" that he's given out. LOL! Well, well, the "diesel pro" has really messed it up....again. Perhaps, you need to wake up, or at least get your head out of your ***. Yup, a REAL parts changer, nothing more.

Last edited by WWBF150; 05-06-2003 at 11:23 PM.
Old 05-07-2003, 04:21 AM
I was following your lead, care to take a stab at the FW-16????

You were the one that named it that, and yes a CPS is a crankshaft postion sensor...

Now a CMP on the other hand is a CaMshaft Position sensor,which is the sensor on the 7.3...Rookies and YOU use your own nameing convention, and you try to make fun of me???

At least this bolt on boy knows what parts are what, before bolting them on...I dont make up names as I go along and then try to stick words in other peoples month...Sound familiar??

Want to try again??? Your digging yourself deeper...Got you twice so far...

Old 05-07-2003, 10:32 PM
The "parts changing pro" got caught again! You'd argue what the defintion of "is" is. Sounds familiar, doesn't it? he must be your idol, or maybe something more? You got caught and are now attempting to lie your way out. LOL! That good old "Search" function can really come back to haunt you, can't it?

Old 05-11-2003, 05:25 AM
I stand by CPS being a crankshaft position sensor(7.3's dont have this)

I stand by gold coolant PSD's dont have FW-16..

Does your search indicate something else???

These are the at least two things you claim..that you were inaccurate with..

Next..lets get these two cleared up first...From your local bolt on guy..

Old 05-11-2003, 10:05 PM
Old 05-11-2003, 10:26 PM
ROFLOL!!!

WWBF, Mach makes you look like the dumba$$ you are and thats all you have to say?!?!? ... GOOD! Now eat your humble pie and shut the hell up!

Old 05-12-2003, 04:54 AM
WW, I dont understand...I know you have a lot of constructive advice to give to people, You are intelligent, and know some good stuff...Why not help some of these people out, and be a little more positive...

I am a bolt on guy, you said it, I accept it, its not hurting you, I dont sell to you nor have I ever worked on any of your stuff, So I should not be a threat to you....

I am willing to bury this hatchet, get over this and be a little more positive towards the other people...

I was not in the 'knowing' when I started coming to these boards, I have been out of turning wrenchs for 20 yrs...I have been electronics the last twenty years...I am still a little rusty at the truck market, but accept my role as bolt on...I am trying, but most importantly, I dont know everything , BUT I am willing to help people with my limited knowledge of bolt-on, instead of slamming them as they are new to this as well...

What do you say Guy??? Be a man about about it--accept my appoligy...What do you think????

Old 05-12-2003, 10:50 PM
Mach1, no need for an apology, since I've got no bad feelings towards you at all. It's got nothing to do with "being a man either." Further, I do not feel the least bit threatened by you. If you recall, I thought that we had a nice, friendly discussion about the Dodge Hemi and the Ford vehicles at the Auto show. I was hoping that that would have started to get everything back on the right track. Hopefully, things will go smoothly from now on.

As for the "guy" from the land of fruits and nuts... you still can't comprehend what's going on. GFY

Last edited by WWBF150; 05-12-2003 at 10:52 PM.
Old 05-13-2003, 12:38 AM
'going on'? I dont need to know whats 'going on' with a feeble mind like yourself, keep it to yourself and go jump in that big cold lake, or come out here and we'll have a 'fruit' show you some manners. Im done with you so drop it with me KIAD.

Quick Reply: Dilemma - 6.0 diesel or v10