Expedition / Navigator

I'm back with a FORD...w00t

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 11:00 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm back with a FORD...w00t

Hot danged, I'm back with a Ford again. I was misguided there for awhile, but I bought my wife a Christmas present while I was on leave from Iraq: 2003 Ford Expy EB 4wd (she was eyeing a 2wd, but I only agreed if it was 4wd).

Does Steve still run this place? I haven't logged in ... in over 3 yrs... aaaakk

OK, so it wasn't brand spanky new, but I can't afford 40+K on a new gas guzzler. jeez.

So, I've read what I can on here, prior to buying (I was lurking 'cuz I couldn't find my userid/password) and I concluded that the '03 was a decent SUV and most like their Expy's (OK, the tires, well, I've already replaced them).

I've seen some other things "to look for" such as the whine... my wife hasn't heard it yet. How about the tranny? Will it really handle the almost 9000#? this electronic 4wd... as trusting as a manual txfr case?

I guess I just need some reassurance I did the right thing. It's so danged big for the wife and kids, but it beats the heck out of a car for activities.

...almost back in country!!!

Old 04-13-2006, 01:44 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Welcome back! Hope the Expy does well for you.

Old 04-13-2006, 06:56 PM
Congrats Murfster! Keep your head low hooah!

Old 04-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Thumbs up

Sounds good...Welcome back...You sound like you got it worked out just right...Take care...

Quick Reply: I'm back with a FORD...w00t