Expedition / Navigator

Seat Belt Warning Chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 10:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat Belt Warning Chime

Does anyone know how to turn off the seat belt warning chime for an '05 Expedition? I'm trying to shut if off for my mom with no luck. I followed the procedure in the manual and it didn't work. She even took it to the dealer and they couldn't get it to work either.

Thanks!

Grim

Old 04-14-2006, 06:53 PM
Sorry but its on the rig for a good reason...Just start using the belt and it will not come on...I would want my Mom to use the seatbelts to protect her... I now never drive anything that I don't use my seatbelts before I move the rig...They saved my face <ouch>twice now in some close calls...

Old 04-16-2006, 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by ConcreteGuy
Sorry but its on the rig for a good reason...Just start using the belt and it will not come on...I would want my Mom to use the seatbelts to protect her... I now never drive anything that I don't use my seatbelts before I move the rig...They saved my face <ouch>twice now in some close calls...
Thanks for the advice, but my mom and dad have a private farm in the middle of nowhere. Nobody there wears their seatbelt driving from barn to barn or house to house at 20 mph!

After the dealer couldn't get it to shut off, they gave her a seatbelt extension to plug in all the time. This overrides the seat belt warning.

Grim

Quick Reply: Seat Belt Warning Chime