Need help choosing what muffler to go with I have in hand, Borla vs Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2017, 05:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help choosing what muffler to go with I have in hand, Borla vs Magnaflow

Hello and first I gotta say I got these two setups for a combined $90 via craigslist. But I don't know which would be better. I have a borla 3" SI and 2.5" DO, and other setup I have 2 magnaflow mufflers both 2.5" SI and 2.5" SO. Borla appears to be in slight better shape surface wise and ***** setupsa are straight through design. I currently have a magnaflow SISO 2.5" on it now and it have rotted through and must be replaced. I think I'm facing a time I gotta replace my cats and o2 sensors so I'd like to do it all at once if I can. I have a supercharger setup to install someday but I do understand I have a heavy truck that I don't race just like having the power so chasing every pony isn't that important to me. Thank you for all suggestions, info, and opinions in advance.

Attached Thumbnails Need help choosing what muffler to go with I have in hand, Borla vs Magnaflow-img_0504.jpg   Need help choosing what muffler to go with I have in hand, Borla vs Magnaflow-img_0503.jpg   Need help choosing what muffler to go with I have in hand, Borla vs Magnaflow-img_0501.jpg   Need help choosing what muffler to go with I have in hand, Borla vs Magnaflow-img_0502.jpg  
Old 03-23-2017, 07:24 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
If you use both Magnaflows, you will need a X-pipe.

Old 03-23-2017, 07:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally like Borla the best. And they are built with 304ss and will last forever. I think most magnaflow are 409ss.
the Borla will be quieter cause of the size, but the magnaflows will need a X pipe for proper duals.

Old 03-24-2017, 10:29 PM
So votes are for true duals magnaflows?

So an X pipe is a must for the magnaflows....Borla does last forever....SO the assumption is both will flow about the me? I guess I better hit up youtube for sound clips. I am a guy that plan to keep my truck forever so investing in the long haul isn't a bad deal for me. I'm already convinced to get high flow magnaflow cats when I can. My truck #1 priority is to be my family commuter and daily driver for the moment

Old 03-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I vote Borla. Much cleaner tone, better constructed exhaust system.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:58 AM
Okay i finally made a decision, very beneficial too! Im gonna use the borla muffler but in reverse of what we use to as in dual in and single out. Since im replacing my cats also at the same time I'll put new 2.5" tubing exit them straight to the muffler. The muffler itself will act as Y pipe too as i found these designed to be reversable if needed. It'll exit out to a 3" outlet. My exhaust tip will exit out passenger side front of rear wheel as i think it looks alot better that way from a lowered truck and i can easily see myself damaging tailpipes behind the rear wheels more frequently.

I wanted to do dual exit but there is no easy or efficient way to get a tip going out to the driver side with the gas tank in the way. I have heard alot of stories lately about magnaflows rusting out....and its happened to me aswell so borla won me over in this battle