Round vs oval body Magnaflow

Old 06-16-2015, 12:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Round vs oval body Magnaflow

I'm going to order some mufflers real soon and I can't pull the trigger on which one I want. I'm split between the 4x9 11inch oval and the 4x14 inch magnapack. The system I have now is true dual with x pipe and rear cat delete and no mufflers. I want to keep the sound level way up but have a better more refined deep tone. I've watched countless YouTube videos and I'm still undecided. Any input would be appreciated

Old 06-16-2015, 07:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you have watched countless youtubes then you have probably caught both of my trucks listed on there ( burgundy with 11" ovals, black with 14" 4" round ) and I do enjoy the 4"x14" round the most. It is louder and more aggressive.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:19 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I have man. And the round body on your newer truck is louder? I thought the red one was louder. I guess it could be the chop of the true dual that made it seem that way. Both trucks sounded phenomenal either way.

Old 06-27-2015, 11:34 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BigJay99
Yes I have man. And the round body on your newer truck is louder? I thought the red one was louder. I guess it could be the chop of the true dual that made it seem that way. Both trucks sounded phenomenal either way.
The red truck was louder with Dynomax Bullets. The 11" oval bodies it originally had were not louder than the single exhaust with 14" round muffler. Pretty close, but not as loud. Drone was non-existent with the oval 11"s also.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Round vs oval body Magnaflow