Magnaflow or Flowmaster?

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Originally Posted by DewserB
To quote my exhaust guy, "Nothing sounds good on a Chevy".
Touche... lol

Old 08-14-2012, 05:32 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Mister_Ford1991
Personally I love flowmaster. Then again, i like loud things. to me flows sound great on ford and dodge. Magnaflow sounds good on chevy. Never had a borla, but obviously everyone else likes them. lol
What people fail to realize it's based on preference. My Borla is louder than most trucks and cars I am around each day. Flowmaster really aren't as loud as people think. I'm not aiming this at you, I'm using it as an example, I thought your quote fit the mold nicely .

"Get Borla!"

A Borla what? What muffler? My 14" 12198 was louder than my Roush off road. Believe it? The Borla made 10" ROR holds the tone longer and is very aggressive and much louder on start-up but is quieter under throttle but way more aggressive. Go figure! How many people thought that was possible? When I told Darren, he was surprised, and rightfully so. Keep in mind I went from 45'd 14" maggie to a ROR side exit. I was afraid it would have been TOO loud. I was so caught off guard it wasn't even funny. Arklight has taken the time to document various systems. That's a guy who can fully give advice. He has actually tried a ton of different systems.

What I find discouraging about this exhaust forum lately is that people keep pushing one brand over the other without taking into consideration people's taste.. I've done it myself at times because; personally, I THINK Borla sounds better than magnaflow. But there are instances where people just say it without even having any experience with that particular product. They clearly just "heard about it" or "read it." Personal preference is NOT fact and while it's funny to tease about other products (fartmaster magnaslow etc) doesn't mean it sucks. Darren's videos proved his '04 could make magnaflows loud, from what I've seen before that in old posts, a lot of people kept saying how quiet those mufflers were. I just feel this forum has become very fad like. When I started it was all magnaflow and now it's all Borla. Don't get me wrong no way I'd go back on this truck, but each situation is different.

Youtube, youtube, youtube. Other than hearing it live, that's the only way you can decide what tone suites you.

Originally Posted by DewserB
To quote my exhaust guy, "Nothing sounds good on a Chevy".

Last edited by TruckGuy24; 08-14-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-14-2012, 07:14 PM
^ and on top of that, it annoys me when people here disrespect a hand built american made flowmaster muffler. If it was chinese, then go right ahead.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by TruckGuy24
What people fail to realize it's based on preference. My Borla is louder than most trucks and cars I am around each day. Flowmaster really aren't as loud as people think. I'm not aiming this at you, I'm using it as an example, I thought your quote fit the mold nicely .

"Get Borla!"

A Borla what? What muffler? My 14" 12198 was louder than my Roush off road. Believe it? The Borla made 10" ROR holds the tone longer and is very aggressive and much louder on start-up but is quieter under throttle but way more aggressive. Go figure! How many people thought that was possible? When I told Darren, he was surprised, and rightfully so. Keep in mind I went from 45'd 14" maggie to a ROR side exit. I was afraid it would have been TOO loud. I was so caught off guard it wasn't even funny. Arklight has taken the time to document various systems. That's a guy who can fully give advice. He has actually tried a ton of different systems.

What I find discouraging about this exhaust forum lately is that people keep pushing one brand over the other without taking into consideration people's taste.. I've done it myself at times because; personally, I THINK Borla sounds better than magnaflow. But there are instances where people just say it without even having any experience with that particular product. They clearly just "heard about it" or "read it." Personal preference is NOT fact and while it's funny to tease about other products (fartmaster magnaslow etc) doesn't mean it sucks. Darren's videos proved his '04 could make magnaflows loud, from what I've seen before that in old posts, a lot of people kept saying how quiet those mufflers were. I just feel this forum has become very fad like. When I started it was all magnaflow and now it's all Borla. Don't get me wrong no way I'd go back on this truck, but each situation is different.

Youtube, youtube, youtube. Other than hearing it live, that's the only way you can decide what tone suites you.

My post originated from this train of thought, just felt I'd be stealing from someones thread if i posted all that. There are plenty straight-thru mufflers out in the market today, yet WE (yes WE) push for magnaflow or borla. My was put in my post because I knew ppl would give advice on the contrary item I opinioned on

Old 08-15-2012, 12:01 AM
I have flowmasters on all 3 of my trucks. I love them.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:53 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Is it only the 40 series of the flowmasters that drone or is all the dronemasters that way????

I'd like to mod my exhaust,, but not sure what direction go in?

Old 08-15-2012, 05:12 AM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by K.R.newbie
Is it only the 40 series of the flowmasters that drone or is all the dronemasters that way????

I'd like to mod my exhaust,, but not sure what direction go in?

I ran a 50 series SUV muffler with NO DRONE whatsoever

my buddy has the same headers as me, installed a magnaflow setup and it drones so bad it's almost unbearable to drive

Old 08-15-2012, 11:50 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
...because that would go against the magnaflow leg humpers that troll / think they run this forum...

I do run the forum.

Magnaflow.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:03 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts

Quick Reply: Magnaflow or Flowmaster?