Bassani OR JBA for headers?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2001, 05:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bassani OR JBA for headers?

Is Bassani worth the $150 difference. I haven't heard alot about JBA but alof of people seem to have them. Is there a difference in over-all quality? flange thickness, weld quality, and tubing diameter?

please respond soon i've been planning all these damn mods for about 6weeks now and i want to finally start buying so i can fly

Old 08-13-2001, 02:56 PM
Flange thickness are both 3/8 I believe.
I just got the JBA's but have not installed them yet. They are very high quality and the welds are really nice. Very clean and well built. I looked around for a couple of months and settled on the JBA's for a few reasons: Well built, reasonably proced, lot of people are satusfied with them, lots of articles with advice on how to do your own installation. I have to say they are built very well. I bought mine with the silver ceramic coating on them but they have a lifetime warranty on them either way.

I looked at the Bassani and they seem to be well built as well. I just went for the JBA's since they seem very comparable and I did save about $75 (including the ceramic coating, whihc was an extra $80)...

Hope this helps.

Old 08-13-2001, 02:58 PM
Oh, almost forgot... Do the Y pipe upgrade too. There are a bunch of postings in this message board list. There are part numbers and everything. The vote on the Y pipe swapout is a unanimous "do it !". It's a great mod that only costs about $100 including installation...

Old 08-13-2001, 06:13 PM
Spade -

Not sure about the Bassani's. Did not have them on my radar when I did my research. I got the JBA's and finally slammed them on the Truck this weekend.

I agree with R-Hop about the quality on the JBA's. Fit and Finish are excellent. Got mine with the black ceramic coating - which I would highly recommend.

Regards,

BigDaddy

Old 08-14-2001, 11:09 AM
Ya, I agree... Get them with either the black or silver cermaic coating. That reduces under-hood temps dramatically, which is one main reason people don't do headers to begin with. That and they make them look cool, as well as make them last longer. JBA has a lifetime warranty in any event but the benefits of the coating outweigh the cost. I got silver but black would look cool too...

BigDaddy, how'd the install go ? I'm trying to find a shop that will do it since I don't have 12 hours to spare but it's looking like I have to do it myself anyway since nobody around here is interested in screwing with it. I had no problem having the Y done but nobody wants to touch those headers... I read the instructions and it looks fairly straighforward. Just wondering how your install went and what to watch out for, if anything.

Thx...

Quick Reply: Bassani OR JBA for headers?