Flowmasters suck!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 10:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finally got my borla angle cut square intercooled tips in today. Ive been waiting for two weeks since they were on back order. Here are some pictures of em, looking forward to getting them on.

Old 08-04-2012, 03:32 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's gonna look nice on your truck...I'm still digging my SIDO Flow 40, but I'll probably go with Borla or Magnaflow the next time around (hoping to go for the 6.2L on my next truck, so I want something that sounds BOSS).

The in-cab drone can be a little much at times, but even though ppl here have told me going with 3" pipe prolly killed my torque, coupled with the 4" tips it is certainly an attention getter. And it is only a 4.6 lol

Old 08-06-2012, 04:20 AM
Originally Posted by speedygonzolas3
After spending 400 on a true dual exhaust system with no cats and running it for 3 years I must say enough is enough. My flowmaster 40s are much too loud, not to mention the cab drone! Gives me a headache just thinking about it. Change is in order....

Logged on to summit and ordered myself two new Borla ProXS 2 1/4" offset/center mufflers and a magnaflow x pipe. So today the good ol' UPS man left me a nice gift on my step.- Still waiting on some new borla exhaust tips. Im going to change my current exit location from turn downs to a lightning style exit.

Currently I am about a week out when it comes to getting them on. I will have complete pictures of my setup this weekend and when the borlas go on.
Yeah I hated my Flowcrapper system as well, finally went with an all Maggie set up, true duel and I absolutely love it, Especially on every start up, and I get a lot of compliments on how it sounds. Not too loud and yet not too quite. Nice touch with the Advil and Aleve bottles in the pic man

Edit: I really need to take some shots of the set up I have and post them, though I wasn't exactly happy with how the guy the guy ran some of the piping, I felt like the "x" pipe was a little crooked on there, it really doesn't have any effect on how the truck sounds. Like I said I need to post some shots of it and get some opinions of what you others out there think, of course you know what they say about opinions

Last edited by mitch150; 08-06-2012 at 04:28 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 12:04 AM
yes they do....

Quick Reply: Flowmasters suck!