Ecoboost heartthrob exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same here I do NOT want that annoying drone all the time like my cummins had with 5"straights , at 75 you couldn't talk on the phone or listen to the radio.

Old 04-22-2012, 08:52 PM
Installed mine yesterday, sounds like a Buick Grand National. Some drone but not bad.

Old 04-22-2012, 10:53 PM
I wanna hear one in person before I drop the money on something that I am a lil unsure of.

Old 06-28-2012, 04:57 PM
Thought I would resureect this thread since I have not really found my answers. It appears there might be some drone on this system? I also imagine drone is subjective depending on the person (I come from straight piped Cummins diesels). Some of you have commented that the turbos appear to spool faster. Are they more audible now? How does the truck pull? HT advertises 39hp and 50 tq at the wheels, yet not one person has commented that they can really "feel" the power difference. I would think you would really notice an additional 50 ft lbs at the wheels! So how about it guys, what are your driving impressions (power wise) compared to stock? Has anyone run their truck on the dyno after the install? Thanks.

Old 06-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Personnally, I want a system the looks good and this system just looks ugly and unfinished to me. I am leaning towards the Corsa system, as it seems to look the best at the back of the truck. From what I am hearing, the 4" is just a joke and any of the 3" systems flow more than enough.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:22 AM
I just installed the HT exhaust and Airaid intake. Personally I like the unfinished look, keeping along srock look. But I have not driven enough to notice power changes. But would you really feel 50 lbs trq when it already has "420" (more like 360 @ wheels) I would love to have it dynoed by a friend when I get the money. Otherwise I don't mind the sound. I will have it on the highwaybtoday so I'll report back later!

Old 08-18-2012, 06:08 PM
Consider you rear axle

I ordered this because I caught a piece of angle iron right through the muffler on the freeway. The system sounds a lot like a hole in the muffler, slightly better. I think it sounds like a ricer. Performance is better above 3k but I'm rarely there. I have a 3.15 rear so I'm usually under 2500 normal driving. If I get on it, you can hear the turbo spool and it's cool. Cruising there is a drone but it's not bad. Just got back from 1500 mile trip with wife and she was ok it. Not sure if I would do again if I didn't have to do something.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
it does drone a little. my uncle has this exhaust on his truck and it was too loud for him so the exhaust shop had a 3.5" resonator they put on it and it quietened it down a lot. the power gain is insane. he has a crew cab 4x4 with air raid cold air intake and the heartthrob 4" and its crazy fast. never had a code or anything happen to the truck. has several thousand miles on the exhaust now

Old 02-25-2013, 06:00 PM
Just installed this exhaust on my 2011 Super Crew

It took me about 4 hours in my garage to install, which is easy considering turning a wrench is not my day job. That includes the hour I wasted measuring and re-measuring. It took me 50 times to get the huevos to cut the flanged section to fit my wheel base. After that it was pretty easy. I like the sound and don't agree is sounds like a rice burner. It doesn't sound like a truck though, it sounds more like an italian sporto. It drones a bit, but I can still talk on the phone and listen to the radio at highway speeds. That being said, I don't like the vibration that I have in the cab now. But the real reason I decided to post is that you should expect to dump the stock intake if you get this exhaust (probably smart with any performance exhaust system) because you can really tell the turbos can't breathe with the straight 4" system and stock intake. I actually feel like I lost turbo kick. All the power is still there (though I don't feel like I gained yet) it just comes on slower. I also suspect an ECU calibration is in order as the power band seems off compared to transmission shifting. My advice, don't expect out of the box performance, but the sound is great.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
agreed it has a bit of a drone. all total took about 1 1/2 to do the removal of the old and install the new. easiest way is to put a jackstand on the frame in the front and one on the rear frame and let the back axle drop as far as it can. 2 bolts on the front of the pipe and 6 bolts on the 3 brackets and the exhaust is on the ground.

i did the heartthrob and did notice a substantial power and acceleration improvement. a couple days later i went from the stock P wheels and tires to some 33 inch LT's. got a drop in mpg. wish i had ran the stock set up with the HT exhaust to do a even comparison.

as for the sound, i got used to the quiet. i like the HT sound. it is not japanese ricer sounding and not v8. something different. closer to v8 than ricer. still at odds wether i like the quiet or the louder better. might throw the stock back on just to see what performance and mpg do.

now wondering what an cold air intake will do to the setup?

Old 06-22-2013, 07:05 AM
hearthrob eco

Hey guys. Newb here to the fourm. Iv had the ht exhaust on my truck for a little over a year now and still love it! I have the k@n cai and the superchips tuner. And all I cam say is I LOVE MY TRUCK. iv never really gotten around to do dyno runs or track times..yet. I love the sound of the exhaust. Only thing that I thought sucked was when I bought mine was that alum steel was the only option. I'm a stainless kinda guy but I got to anxious n wanted to hear them baby turbines squeel. I'm eventually going to cut the cats, i gata make a few phone calls first before i jump into that project. I wish open wastegates were a possibility but not with the stock turbos.:'( But anyways back to the ht exhaust. I pre fit everything and then took the time to wipe everything down with laquor thinner real good amd then painted the whole system with high heat black paint and after a year it still looks good.

Last edited by baddsm; 06-22-2013 at 11:24 AM.
Old 05-29-2015, 03:11 PM
Hey guys,
Since you guys are talking about the heartthrob exhaust, I put it on my truck back in January. Love the sound MPG went up about 1 and I can live with the drone. My question is has anyone noticed the truck shifting later under power, esp going from 4th-5th and definitely 5th-6th. Under normal conditions I haven't noticed it shifting any differently but when I am on the gas 4th seems to wind out further and 5th winds out to almost 95 mph and even then I raise my foot off the pedal to get it to shift. Any ideas? Is it the flow or lack of back pressure?

Quick Reply: Ecoboost heartthrob exhaust