Lift, but 2WD?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 11:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lift, but 2WD?

OK, most of you know that there's plenty of 2WDs out there doing off-road racing. And there's plenty of reason to be higher up aside from just off-roading.

So what about lifting a 2WD? Not a big lift, maybe just a body lift, like 2" or so. I've got a stock XL model 2WD LB Reg Cab. Nice ride. VERY nice. I think its got a better ride than the SWB, and corners better.

I'd give that up, though for the look of being just a -little- higher. Just a bit more ground clearance, maybe putting the larger tires on (nothing bigger than a stock size, I know I have about the smallest wheel / tire combo you can get).

Any good rec's for a lift kit out there for 2WD?

Old 07-06-2001, 01:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

Well.....there are LOTS of ways to lift a 2WD. You can go with a body lift which is probably the cheapest. If you were to get one I'd definetely get the Performance Accessories 3 inch because its only 20 or so bucks more than the 2 inch and includes bumper brackets which the 2 does not. There are also spindles. Fabtech makes some nice spindles that lift the truck 3-3.5 inches. Possibly the best way to go for that ammount of lift. Then there are upper control arms which lift the truck 3-3.5 inches as well. There are plenty of options - it just depends on how much you want to spend. Body lift is around 125.00; spindles are about 650.00 for spindles, blocks, u-bolts, and shocks; while A-arms are about 850.00 for the arms, blocks, u-bolts, and shocks. Check out www.rvperformance.com for the spindles and A-arms, and www.summitracing.com for the body lift. I went with the spindle + A-arm combo from Procomp to give me 6 inches of lift. Let me know if you need anything else.

Quick Reply: Lift, but 2WD?