If your set on one exhaust setup but added LT's, what would you do to lower volume?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey BLFX4K has straight through mufflers like you were first considering, im going to send him this way and see what he thinks and he can give you first hand experience on how loud it will be out the rear with straight through mufflers so you can decide between that or the 18".

Old 01-14-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks blackout

In regards to the sound, if you want it LOUD go with the 18" muffler which is really a 16" muffler and with longtubes, high flows, flow through mufflers and 4" tips it will be extremely loud

I am getting quite annoyed of the constant drone at highway speeds and going from a 16" to 22" muffler and high flows as I have resonators

Checkout fatherfords exhaust video, my truck sounds very similar to that, if you've had a chance to watch the expendables it sounds like that f100 on a cold start when driven hard, raspy, loud and growls like crazy

Stick with high flows maybe not the 94106 magnaflows but something a little bigger and the 18" muffler but do the trick for you. Not sure how much louder the truck will be with head and cam work but the long tube/highflow/18" muffler setup may do it just right with you, but keep in mind on a cold start it will wake the neighbors, set off alarms, shake the house, etc;

Your idea with swapping mufflers would be the easiest route but keep in mind you may go through two or three sets of mufflers to get the right sound.

I love mine but it just too loud now. Good luck!

Old 02-03-2011, 10:39 PM
hey I read your article....the exhaust bile haha! Anyways Exhaust is really the one thing I really don't know too much about for I like my quiet exhaust. I have the 5.4 and I am looking to run some kind of performance exhaust to go along with everything else under the hood. I am seeing if maybe you would know what kind of setup you would run if you are looking for power gains yet keep it quiet. I know none of them are going to be as quiet as stock and I don't mind that....I just really dont want to hear an annoying rumble everytime I hit the gas or something that is really noticeable....What would you suggest....Thanks

Old 02-04-2011, 03:25 AM
Originally Posted by NOLAGT
Only cam I want to run is the frpp hot rod cam like what is in the vid I posted. It gives that lope and doesnt need any other spring upgrade or lockout for the cam phaser. Its not totality SC friendly but that just means it wont make much more power...but thats ok becasue im not looking for all out power. Just enough to make the truck fun and easy to drive in traffic...like my wifes sequoia with the 5.7l.
About that cam. Where can I purchase the cams? Are the cams going to hurt the stock valvetrain, or do I need to replace them as well? Everyone is talking about the 18" magnaflow true dual muffler. Where are you finding these at?

Old 02-04-2011, 06:49 AM
Originally Posted by F150kingranch
hey I read your article....the exhaust bile haha! Anyways Exhaust is really the one thing I really don't know too much about for I like my quiet exhaust. I have the 5.4 and I am looking to run some kind of performance exhaust to go along with everything else under the hood. I am seeing if maybe you would know what kind of setup you would run if you are looking for power gains yet keep it quiet. I know none of them are going to be as quiet as stock and I don't mind that....I just really dont want to hear an annoying rumble everytime I hit the gas or something that is really noticeable....What would you suggest....Thanks
From the sounds of it I don't think you would want to do the exhaust at all. I don't think you will gain much power and it will definitely make it louder than stock. Do you have your truck tuned? If not that's your best bet.

Old 02-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Originally Posted by wyattboche
About that cam. Where can I purchase the cams? Are the cams going to hurt the stock valvetrain, or do I need to replace them as well? Everyone is talking about the 18" magnaflow true dual muffler. Where are you finding these at?

Best price I got was from tasca ford...there's a guy on here that advertises 10% over cost on ford products. Contact him...it's like 730 or so. As for the 18" Maggie you can find info on there website about it.

Old 02-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Originally Posted by NOLAGT
Best price I got was from tasca ford...there's a guy on here that advertises 10% over cost on ford products. Contact him...it's like 730 or so. As for the 18" Maggie you can find info on there website about it.
You wouldn't happen to have a part number or what the name of the cams?

Old 02-04-2011, 02:01 PM
Originally Posted by wyattboche
You wouldn't happen to have a part number or what the name of the cams?

What he sent me in the email when I asked him about it.

m-6550-3v are the hot rod cams
List Price: $850
Your Cost: $726

Quick Reply: If your set on one exhaust setup but added LT's, what would you do to lower volume?