First Truck Need Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 12:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First Truck Need Help

So I have finally got my first ford truck. The only thing I have done is switch out the wheels and nerf bars, and wind deflectors. Now I am ready to start adding some performance changes. I don't wanna screw up my truck. It is an 09 F150 4.6L 3V. I would really appreciate some advice on the following components. A CAI, Exhaust (Rumble not rediculous with added performance), and I have read some pros n cons to chips or tuners or even just taking it to someone for a professional tune. Thats pretty much all I plan on doing.

Old 10-30-2010, 01:17 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Consider the fact that the tune/custom tune will void your warranty, and if you ever go to the dealership they may reflash it without permission to keep it to OEM specs, so remember to go back to stock tune before having it serviced.

OEM intake with a dry flow filter such as Amsoil and increasing the induction pipe size from the fender to 3" will be an affordable and high performing intake setup, aka Gotts Intake Mod. A Magnaflow cat-back exhaust is quality made stainless, deep toned rumble, flow through performance and mandrel bends, and affordable within the $500 range.

You will need a custom tune to run a custom aftermarket intake on any 3v engine, and you should custom tune for the Gotts Mod anyways for full performance increase.

Old 10-30-2010, 03:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exhaust is all about the money and sound. What sound do you like, and are are you willing to pay for it.

Quick Reply: First Truck Need Help