Flo Pro Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flo Pro Mufflers

Has any One Installed a Flo Pro Muffler On their Truck?
I stopped by a local Muffler shop Yesterday and they said they could sell me a Flo Pro for about $120 installed.

I am Looking for better Mileage and better performance, but No Drone in the Cab.
My stock set up is 2.5 in 3 out...I have a 2005 w/5.4....
I thought that Flo Pro was a Flo master Knock off???

Thanks for Everyones Help.
Fr8Daddy

Old 03-06-2010, 04:25 PM
I believe flo pros are flowmaster knock offs. You won't get any mileage or performance from a muffler swap, and it is almost a guaranteed drone. With that said, I have a 40 series flow on my truck. Sounds awesome, drones around 2000 rpm, no noticeable performance gains, no change in fuel mileage. Just my .02

Old 03-06-2010, 04:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
IMO, FloPro is the only decent-sounding muffler for us V6 guys

Old 03-06-2010, 05:26 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I use to run 2 of their 7" round 20 somethin long, they were very modest in the cab.

Old 03-06-2010, 10:45 PM
the guy at the muffler shop said I would get better mileage by installing a flo Pro. he also said that they would just cut out the stock muffler and put in the new one...and reuse the original piping....

Old 03-07-2010, 02:58 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ bs. No muffler will really increase your mpg very much. A chambered muffler is defiantly not the way to better mpg...

Old 03-07-2010, 01:01 PM
the muffler shop did say that it was a flow through design, like the Banks Muffler...

I also have a S&B intake and a Banks programmer on my truck...so this my next step for the truck..
I will also check with other Muffler shops too and see what they have.

I was also thinking of a saleen exhuast system from edelbrock, and maybe a summit exhaust system and If I had the $$$, I would get the Banks Monster system.

Fr8daddy

Old 03-07-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by fr8daddy
the muffler shop did say that it was a flow through design, like the Banks Muffler...

I also have a S&B intake and a Banks programmer on my truck...so this my next step for the truck..

I was also thinking of a saleen exhuast system from edelbrock, and maybe a summit exhaust system and If I had the $$$, I would get the Banks Monster system.

Fr8daddy
Not to sound preachy but you have a nice truck, why waste your money on substandard accessories? also the question to ask, as im sure you already know. Are they stainless, or aluminized? if its aluminized, get ready to buy them regularly. just my .02 i hope it was helpful

Old 03-07-2010, 05:18 PM
First of all, flopro is just a flowmaster that isn't stamped and is made off poor material. Flo pro's will rust and my brother put one on and it lasted bout 2 years then it was done for, whereas I had the same flowmaster on 2 different trucks over the course of bout 5 years or so (until I gave it away). Now, flo pro is cheaper. But if your anything like me, your going to end up forkin out the money for the exhaust your really want. Go all out the first time and don't look back. I wasted too much money trying to be cheap... If that makes any sense

Last edited by 2004Lariat5.4; 03-07-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 03-08-2010, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by 2004Lariat5.4
First of all, flopro is just a flowmaster that isn't stamped and is made off poor material. Flo pro's will rust and my brother put one on and it lasted bout 2 years then it was done for, whereas I had the same flowmaster on 2 different trucks over the course of bout 5 years or so (until I gave it away). Now, flo pro is cheaper. But if your anything like me, your going to end up forkin out the money for the exhaust your really want. Go all out the first time and don't look back. I wasted too much money trying to be cheap... If that makes any sense
lol mine lasted 5 years, still good when I wanted something that made my truck sound nastier.
heres a before/after vid... before is the flo pro mufflers which did not rot out in 2 years budhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kd19FCUxfk

Old 03-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by fr8daddy

Fr8daddy
Major fail. Summit cat-backs are barely louder than stock. The Saleen is ok, but still not too great sounding to me. Stick with the Magnaflows or Borla's, go stainless or none at all.

I also had a Flo Pro on my previous truck, was straight through. They make chambered and straight packed mufflers.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Agreed.

Old 03-09-2010, 08:47 PM
haha those flo-pros would definetly fall apart in a couple yrs if you lived anywhare where they salt the roads 7 months out of the year where as flowmasters would last 4ever LOL
your new exhaust sure sounds great!!! whats your system?

Last edited by flaresidefx4; 03-09-2010 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:59 PM
Thats a mean sounding truck Klitch

Old 03-10-2010, 12:27 AM
thanks fellas, its all on a thread here and on FTC forums (vid shows address) with more details of the build on FTC. Basically OBX LT's, to custom 100% stainless "glass"packs

I lived in N Idaho the whole time with those, they used that deice liquid, think its calcium something or other. I cant see how salt can be that much more aggressive than that liquid deicer they dump.

Quick Reply: Flo Pro Mufflers