2009+ Factory Exhausts Comin' Off Without Cutting?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 10:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009+ Factory Exhausts Comin' Off Without Cutting?

My MBRP Cool Duals came last night, so I have some work to do this weekend. I was wondering...

For those of you who have installed exhaust systems in your driveway WITHOUT lifts, will the factory exhaust come off a 2009 or 2010 Supercrew longbed WITHOUT cutting and the need for the sawzall. I'd like to salvage the factory exhaust in perfect condition to put back on next year when I sell the truck. Of course, by then the baby diesel will be out and the MBRP will be useless on a 2011 or 2012, right?

Thanks,

Smoke

Old 01-20-2010, 01:52 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It is supposed to come out like any other Ford truck factory exhaust. Drop the muffler and the tailpipe should come over axle.

And I wish I had a truck like yours, perfect color, cab and bed combo.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:25 AM
on my '06 i put a jack under the hitch and jacked it up a little to get it over the axle... had to do the same when putting the new one on.

Old 01-20-2010, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by DarrenWS6
It is supposed to come out like any other Ford truck factory exhaust. Drop the muffler and the tailpipe should come over axle.

And I wish I had a truck like yours, perfect color, cab and bed combo.
Thanks, DarrenWS6. If I recall, on my 2005, I had to cut the tailpipe, but on my 2007 and 2008, the pipe slid over the rear axle. I think it wa stight, though, and I had to d some jacking.

Hey, thanks for for your concurrence on my rig. I waited for years for this color to return. I had the Electric Red in 1992, and loved it, although it wasn't a tinted clearcoat. I think the color was one of the reasons I returned to an F-150 (among several other things). Now, if it hits the Superduty and this new 6.2 becomes a hit, well, all bets are off. Right now I love everything about this F-150 over any other truck I've had. I haven't really driven it since I got it at Christmas (only 3,000 miles), but soon it should get some road testing. I'm looking to tune it shortly. MBRP goes on Saturday. If it tows my travel trailer well, then I may run it to next spring 2011 (about 75,000 miles).

Old 01-20-2010, 04:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice deal man. I wish I could buy a truck every few years like that. I'm itching to get away from the XLT and into an FX4, bummer of it is my paint isn't available in FX4.. I do love my ruby red paint jobs. The new red paint especially Razor red is very nice though. I'm 21 so I'm not swimming in money, maybe someday. But I would like to get into a low miled 07 or 08 Supercrew 6'5 FX4, something to hold me over until I can someday get an 09+ which is my main goal

And to comment, at the exhaust shop the guys cut the midpipe out and pulled the stock muffler and tip out over axle but they had 6' of height to work with.

Quick Reply: 2009+ Factory Exhausts Comin' Off Without Cutting?