Airaid Jr.???

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 04:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airaid Jr.???

I have been looking at getting an CAI for my truck the only thing that I don't like are the prices of them. So how is the Airaid Jr.?? Good/bad? Or should I just reach deep into my pockets and get a full system like the actual Airaid or AirForce1, ect? Also with intake would I have to worry about running lean? Or can I correct this with my Edge?

Thanks in advance!!
Paul

Old 07-14-2006, 07:21 PM
I don't know anything about the Airaid Jr. but I did put the regular Airaid CAI on my Lightning. I don't know if I recognized any actual improvements in power, but it sure sounded cool whenever you really got on the gas. You could hear the sound of air being sucked in. I don't know if the same would happen in a regular F-150, but they look good. If you are looking for performance and are stuck on getting the CAI add a good flowing exhaust system to it and it will maximize performace from your CAI.

Old 07-15-2006, 09:51 PM
imo, the airaid jr.'s ar better because the intake isnt exposed to the motor, it stays in the stock box. the intake tube is also located into the front of the truck instead of the side (like on the regular airaid), so maybe you could drill a hole or two through where the grill is located to make it a true cold air intake. i know in my superduty there is a place to drill a whole right into the intake tube. i probably say this b/c i have an airaid jr. on the way and i will be drilling the hole.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:08 PM
This shot show's the difference in the two intakes:

[IMG][/IMG]

This is installed.

[IMG][/IMG]

I like mine. A bit more noise at WOT, but don't hear it any other time. Maybe a bit more on power, not sure.

I just like it because it is a cleaner look in the engine compartment.

Old 07-15-2006, 10:19 PM
Thanks everyone. Hey expy, where does the system draw the air from now since it is not coming from the fender like the stock intake?? Also was there any change in mileage?

Thanks Paul

Old 07-15-2006, 10:23 PM
Take a look at the second picture, then go out to your truck and you will see a square opening in the frame work that is behind the headlight. No sort of ram air unless you cut a hole in the rubber piece behind the grill.
No mileage increase to note. but I have bigger tires, flowmaster si/do, and the EDGE tuner. Runs and sounds better, and gets 1-2 better mpg around town, but haven't seen a huge jump on the highway. I tend to drive a bit fast for great highway mileage. The best I get is about 17.5.

Last edited by expy03; 07-15-2006 at 10:46 PM.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:12 AM
I just installed one yesterday on my 06 SCrew 5.4 and I can really tell a difference.It's smoother from a stop and also better response at higher speeds.Have not noticed any noise increase.Easy install took about 15 minutes.

Old 07-20-2006, 04:44 AM
Suspended
I've got an intake from GREEN Performance...it's literally almost identical, but it's a two-piece to allow for upgradability in the future. I guess they are going to make additional end pieces for possible TRUE coldair or RAM style intakes.

I would have to honestly say I didn't notice a major difference, but I did have a K&N drop-in before so there was less to gain. The difference between simply upgrading a stock airfilter and a full intake isn't usually a whole lot...

Quick Reply: Airaid Jr.???