What exhaust for a 97 4.2 V6?????

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up What exhaust for a 97 4.2 V6?????

hi, i just got my 97 extended cab v6 like not even a week ago and i was wondering what exhaust i could get that is kinda quit but then has a lower but good sounding tone 2 it when u get on it..... my friend has a 98 chevy single cab v6 like a little street racing truck but his has a pretty good sounding exhaust on his v6 so i was just wondering if there is anything that could sound pretty good on a v6 but that is not loud and annoying..

thanks guys

kyle

Old 06-08-2006, 07:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First and formost, read up on the Leaking Ford, and the bad gaskets that came with our vehicles. Then, after that i'd look into whatever is cheapest, or your favorite brand name. Sure, some have different sound, but out of our 6's unless you straight pipe you wont' get a loud tone. I've got a Magnaflow exauhst i ordered off of e-bay. $170 bucks + shipping of like, $35. Sounds nice, easy to install and looks good under the truck. Not that anyone sees that, but when you go under there cleaning off mud and dirt. It's nice to have soemthing not black or rusty to look at.

Quick Reply: What exhaust for a 97 4.2 V6?????