e-cutout

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
e-cutout

I figure this might be a repost but i searched and couldn't find anything on placement
I think i will be going with an electric cutout on my 2006 4.6 supercrew.
Is it correct that if i went before the cats I would have ces lights come on?and would this affect performance?
also the reason i would prefer before the cats is because i've heard that straight pipes with 4 cats isn't that loud(though probably loud enough for me)

your opinions on this are appreciated

Old 06-07-2006, 05:03 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
you probably wont have room, Physically with space, but also length if you try to go before your cats. I would assume shortly after the cats would be a good spot.
Welcome to the boards,
and Gig Em
-Patrick

Old 06-08-2006, 07:32 PM
thanx i think thats wat im going to do i like your box i'v thought about doing that before but never seen it done
are u an ag too?
-Patrick

Old 06-08-2006, 07:38 PM
I had the QTP electric cut out on my o4 FX4 it sounded nice but it did hurt performance a loss of low-end TQ will be very noticeable, also leaked bad! for the money theres better mods .....my .02$

Old 06-09-2006, 04:54 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
both parents and older sis are A&M grads, i couldnt get in if i had all the money in the world
Thats why im mechanically inclined. idk

Thanks, i really enjoy my box, just wish i had better subs in there, maybe some dual voice coils would be nice.

And i would tend to agree that you wont really get your moneys worth of them, you should get LT (long tube) headers and get rid of those cats all together.
-Patrick

Quick Reply: e-cutout