magnaflow or flowmaster?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 06:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Norm
I vote Magnaflow
In your sig line it says planned mods. You don't even have one and you vote for it? Not being ****ish, just wondering

Originally Posted by parkerzr2
you guys running flowmaster true duals, do you get alot if interior noise?
Yeah, I do. But mine is also blown with dual 3 inch pipes. And its a lot louder outside than in. I can carry on conversations with my wife with no problem. Also, like I said; I think the magnaflows sound very raspy and don't have good tone to them. But thats a mustang 5.0 guy for you.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 98Navi
In your sig line it says planned mods. You don't even have one and you vote for it? Not being ****ish, just wondering

Yeah, I do. But mine is also blown with dual 3 inch pipes. And its a lot louder outside than in. I can carry on conversations with my wife with no problem. Also, like I said; I think the magnaflows sound very raspy and don't have good tone to them. But thats a mustang 5.0 guy for you.
People can choose what they like, so what if he doesn't have one. I don't care for flowmaster and I don't have one. Now call me ****ish.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:58 PM
thanks for all the info. did any of you guys lose any power or mpg? with either set-up?

Old 05-31-2006, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth
People can choose what they like, so what if he doesn't have one. I don't care for flowmaster and I don't have one. Now call me ****ish.
I got one better. ****HEAD I was saying that I wasn't being ****ish. If you'd let norm answer posts directed at norm, I wouldn't have to be ****ish to you!

Originally Posted by parkerzr2
thanks for all the info. did any of you guys lose any power or mpg? with either set-up?
I didn't get great mileage before, but I did notice a slight increase in MPG on a highway trip right after. I got 19MPG on a 360 mile trip. Drove 569 miles on one tank. Of course, this was long before I put the blower and injectors and all that other stuff I have on.

Last edited by 98Navi; 05-31-2006 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
98navi, if you're not trying to be the word, then why even type it? Seems odd to me.

Norm could have experience with magnaflow without having one.

I have a magnaflow muffler and love it. I don't have a flowmaster, but I have experiences with that muffler. I have experience with ravin' and dynomax too. What's the difference? So what if it isn't on his, mine, or anyone elses?

Not calling you a hater but there's no need you being one.

Old 05-31-2006, 08:31 PM
+1 for magnaflow.

I have one, but it won't be installed until tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes. My mustang had Original 40s and offroad H pipe. I miss it so...

Old 05-31-2006, 09:53 PM
i'm having a hard time deciding my exhaust too. i think im gonna get magnaflow just because i want dual out and it being stainless is a huge selling point to me. plus magnaflow has the exact sound that i want. just me though. i really hate the way some flowmasters sound.

Old 05-31-2006, 10:50 PM
Stealth, those that have been around know that Norm and I don't really get along on several topics, so I just wanted him to know I was curious at his decision without having one. Really, what I was looking for was himm to say if he had already had one or not. Being that we have disagreed on so many other topics, i wanted him to know that i was just wondering, not trying to be a **** and call him out

Also, I have used dynomax and Raptor mufflers (we've all been broke at some point) in the past, as well as one real chitty experience with magnaflow. I use magnaflow cats, but that all.

Old 06-01-2006, 07:46 AM
I didn't get great mileage before, but I did notice a slight increase in MPG on a highway trip right after. I got 19MPG on a 360 mile trip. Drove 569 miles on one tank. Of course, this was long before I put the blower and injectors and all that other stuff I have on.[/QUOTE]

i wish i was gettin that mpg. i get 12-13 mpg. does that even sound right? i know i shouldnt post this here in the exhuast threads but since it was brought up. read my sig. and see what ya think.

Old 06-01-2006, 10:53 AM
Question

I don't inderstand the difference from a cat sytem and exahust! can some boddy explain it to me

Old 06-01-2006, 11:02 AM
when you buy a cat back system you get the exhaust and all the pipes / clamps / hanger to hook it up

Old 06-01-2006, 12:37 PM
Originally Posted by 98Navi
No problem Brett,
I am President of the NH chapter of FTW. I have lots of experience with both exhausts on many trucks. I prefer the sound of the Magnaflow over the more obnoxious sound of the flowmasters. Some people prefer the flowmasters, no problem there. It is all about what you like for your truck. I also know I will not lose low end tourque with the magnaflows like some have reported (and Troyer has tested) with the flowmasters.

Last edited by Norm; 06-01-2006 at 12:56 PM.
Old 06-01-2006, 02:08 PM
what is the duifference

What is the difference between a full cat back system or exahust< Does one offer more then the othere on or what??

Can some body let me no like oin is a grand the other is a couple hundread dollers ??

F-150 2001 4.6L crew Cab short Bed

Old 06-01-2006, 02:20 PM
A cat back exhaust is a complete system from the catalytic converter back to the tailpipe. It includes everything, pipes, mufflers, clamps, hangers etc. It does not include the cat.

Last edited by Norm; 06-02-2006 at 08:14 AM.
Old 06-02-2006, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Norm
No problem Brett,
I am President of the NH chapter of FTW. I have lots of experience with both exhausts on many trucks. I prefer the sound of the Magnaflow over the more obnoxious sound of the flowmasters. Some people prefer the flowmasters, no problem there. It is all about what you like for your truck. I also know I will not lose low end tourque with the magnaflows like some have reported (and Troyer has tested) with the flowmasters.

Quick Reply: magnaflow or flowmaster?