Running aftermarket dual exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running aftermarket dual exhaust...

If I plan on running a true dual exhaust system by having a local shop run the pipes, what size inlet/outlet muffler should I buy. I have come to find, through previous experience, it is much cheaper to buy the mufflers beforehand rather than from the shop. Once ended up paying close to $400 puttin on a catless straight pipe system on my old GT, $110 a muffler!! So therefore I am going to go ahead and buy the mufflers ahead of time and just have them put them in there when they run the pipes. Also, what kind of mufflers will give me a nice sound, but obnoxiously loud like the Flowmaster 40's?? while staying relatively cheap?

Old 01-27-2005, 04:37 PM
I went with a true dual exhaust on mine. I went with a spintech dual in/dual out muffler. It is basically two small mufflers welded together with a small connection acting like an H pipe. I bought the muffler from my local shop for $75. Thats basically two mufflers for the price of one. I love how it sounds. IMO Way better than the magnaflows and flowmaster I here around my home town. Oh yeah and everyone tod me i would loose all kinds of low-end torque going with the true duals, but I think I stayed the some or maybe even gained. Hope this helps. I went with 2.5in pipes so the muffler was 2.5 in and out.

Last edited by 00F1504x4FL; 01-27-2005 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:57 PM
Thumbs up

i put on the flowmaster on mine just love the sound .
Mine is the single in and single out .it is not to loud but you hear it when you give it some. looking forward to adding the second muffler and hear more rumble. This is just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Running aftermarket dual exhaust...