Wow! This Is Pretty Trick (Bassani Cat-Back)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-1999, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Wow! This Is Pretty Trick (Bassani Cat-Back)

Well I was looking through cat back systems for my 93 F-150. I want somthing really unique and different sounding, but not to loud. I can't afford the BORLA. So I was looking at the Bassani page and they have a really neat cta back kit. It's all stainless steel. It has the muffler, pipe from the cat (mandral bent) and a Stainless Tip for $353. But the cool thing is it mounts exactly like as tock system and is basically an OEM replacement that will improve sound and HP.

Has anyone ever heard one of these Basanni OEM type replacement systems before? If so are they louder and throatier than stock?

I e-mailed Basanni and asked them a few questions but havn't got a repley yet. This may be just what I'm looking for. But I have to make sure that it will make the truck sound at least 20% louder and give me a few HP or it won't be worth it

Old 12-04-1999, 02:36 PM

Here is the URL if anyone wants to take a look at it!

http://www.bassani.com/CGI/racesearc...egory=CAT+BACK

Old 12-04-1999, 06:32 PM
Smile

Hi BMW325
I have a Bassani on my 1999 F-150. I like the system, but it is a little loud on the highway, around town it sounds awsome. Mine looks cool, it is well put together, was easy to install, and used all the factory hangers.
I'm having Bassani send me a tip with a resonator in it to quiet it down a little on the highway.If you like it a little louder on the highway use the stock tip.
Call Neil Matranga at Racesearch.com at (888) 722-3930 he will help you out.
-------------------
1999 F-150 4x4 4.6V8 regularcab/shortbed
Oxford White with Wedwood Blue 2 tone , Blue captains chairs.
Bassani Cat Back, Superchip, WMS Velocity Tube with K&N filter

Old 12-04-1999, 06:43 PM
Talking

Looks pretty cool!

Old 12-04-1999, 08:50 PM
Talking

Don C: Ok great to get an opinion from someone who has a Basanni. I have a few questions for you

1: Does it sound unique or does it sound like every other Flowmaster & Dynomax that everyone else has?

2: Did you feel any increase in power?

3: Where did you order yours from?

I really apriciate your opinions. I am on the edge of ordering this system, I think it's exactly what I want!

Old 12-04-1999, 09:33 PM
Cool

(1) It sounds a little different from flowmaster, I had flowmaster 3 chambers on my last truck.
(2)ya I felt some more power, It will be different on a 302, than the new Triton engines, I bet on your engine it will sound cool.The older engines just sound better.
(3) I ordered it from racesearch.com if you look at the bottom of the Bassani page it will link you to racesearch.They are bassani's distributor.
(4) Just in case you ever want to put headers on your truck, Bassani makes a real cool set of equal length headers. Headers are probably what they do best.I had there headers on my 93 Lightning)

Quick Reply: Wow! This Is Pretty Trick (Bassani Cat-Back)