Rhino Mufflers????

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2001, 03:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rhino Mufflers????

I paid my local midas shop today to see about replacing the stock muffler with a ravin or a ? Price on the ravin 33 installed 140, not bad.He also suggested a rhino,which he said would be a little quiter ( like a Flowmaster 50).Price out the door $102.The guy said personally for the money the rhino was a better buy.One of his main reasons was the warranty.The ravin only has a 2yr and the rhino has a lifetime.So my question is has anone heard of rhino mufflers and what the sound like.thanks

Old 06-14-2001, 03:49 PM
Don't know much about them, but found this:

http://www.ipchuth.com/rhino/RhiPr.htm

Joe

Old 06-14-2001, 04:33 PM
ya, I found the same thing and am still wondering if it is worth the taking a chance on.

Old 06-15-2001, 04:03 PM
anyone?anyone?anyone?

Old 06-15-2001, 09:32 PM
Thumbs up

Tell you what. I love the Rhino. I had mine installed by Larry's muffler in Lake Geneva WI. (No relation) Looks great and sounds great. I agree. You're not going to get a glass pack kind of crackle. I didn't want it. To me it rumbled just right. Highway speeds were tolerable but pulling away from a light it let you know there was something under there. The reason I'm here tonight though is that I was recently rear ended and it tweaked the whole system. I told the body shop all the specs but they said they could find no info on Rhino and replaced it with some crap that makes it sound like my wife's 96 Voyager. He insists Rhino doesn't exist. Now I have evidence to email to him that it does. Thanks guys.

Old 06-15-2001, 10:17 PM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Cool

Yes the Rhino does sound nice, but it is a very old and antequated design that was dropped back in the 1970's. The patten rights ran out, and they pick em up!

------------------
Member: Never trust a person over 40 who drives a Chevy club
Flatheads ain't so bad!
Certified backyard mechanic I & II

Old 06-16-2001, 03:27 AM
Thanks guys so Basically it is a tried and proven design then? I am thinkin this might be the route to go, but I stumbled on to this today http://www.godfathercustoms.com/cgi-...e.htm&cart_id=
Under 200 for a jardine catback system can't beat that, maybe I will save my pennies a little longer and hope this sale doesn't end.

Trending Topics

Old 03-30-2014, 08:44 PM
does anyone have a video or know of a video of a 4.2 V6 with the Rhino system on it? I have been on youtube and google and have found nothing.
My truck is due to be worked on the April 2, 2014 and the shop owner said he was going to use a Rhino cause I wanted a little deeper sound but don't want my truck sounding like a bunch of pissed off bumble bee's per say. lol just a nice med to heavy rumble on take off but a softer idle sound.

Old 03-31-2014, 12:09 AM
Originally Posted by vip3r82
does anyone have a video or know of a video of a 4.2 V6 with the Rhino system on it? I have been on youtube and google and have found nothing. My truck is due to be worked on the April 2, 2014 and the shop owner said he was going to use a Rhino cause I wanted a little deeper sound but don't want my truck sounding like a bunch of pissed off bumble bee's per say. lol just a nice med to heavy rumble on take off but a softer idle sound.
I have 2 kids and a marriage younger than this thread.

Old 03-31-2014, 07:29 AM
Originally Posted by phowler
and your point is?

Old 03-31-2014, 03:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
His poi t is it is probably a useless thread bump with a 13yr gap. I myself have never heard of Rhino mufflers and I doubt many others here have either. Stick with the current company exhausts they all replicate similar sounds and there is a wide variety to choose from.

Originally Posted by phowler

Old 04-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Folks rip on you when you don't use the 'search' feature and folks rip on you when do search and bring up an old post... Kinda makes you wonder what's the point of keeping old posts if they are no good??

Sorry vip3r82, I don't have any info on the Rhino muffler, but I'm considering a new muffler for my V6 too.... I come from a V8 lifestyle and still getting used to how quiet my Eco is and yes, I know a V6 will never sound like a V8, but if I can open it up just a tad, that won't be such a bad thing...

I'm leaning towards a Magnaflow or a Borla, but so far I'll just stick with the stock one a little bit longer, as the quiet side is growing on me.. (I actually kinda like it..)

Mitch

Old 04-07-2014, 06:29 AM
I have the Rhino on my truck now. only paid $125.00 for everything. don't trust them when they say "it will sound like a flow master 50". they sound nothing like it! my Kawasaki sounds more like a flow master 50. So it looks like I will be going after a Flow Master 50 series by years end.

Originally Posted by MitchF150
Folks rip on you when you don't use the 'search' feature and folks rip on you when do search and bring up an old post... Kinda makes you wonder what's the point of keeping old posts if they are no good??

Sorry vip3r82, I don't have any info on the Rhino muffler, but I'm considering a new muffler for my V6 too.... I come from a V8 lifestyle and still getting used to how quiet my Eco is and yes, I know a V6 will never sound like a V8, but if I can open it up just a tad, that won't be such a bad thing...

I'm leaning towards a Magnaflow or a Borla, but so far I'll just stick with the stock one a little bit longer, as the quiet side is growing on me.. (I actually kinda like it..)

Mitch

Quick Reply: Rhino Mufflers????