Airbag light is on because seatbelt has been tampered with?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 07:38 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbag light is on because seatbelt has been tampered with?

ok so i know im pretty stupid already but i read on here that a way i could turn off the seat belt alarm is to look in the seat belt find two white wires and solder them together. now i am getting a blinking code and then a solid from my passenger airbag deactivation light. i am wondering if the reason is my tampering with the two white wires in the seat belt? i am not sure if it is because i recently got a letter from ford for recall having to do with something about the airbag. if anyone knows if the white wires in the belt are related to the airbag light please let me know what you think. besides the fact that im a dumb a**

Old 07-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Are you sure there are 2 white wires ?

I checked the EVTM SRS section, and could not find a single white wire in any of it, let alone 2 of them.
Please post the thread on here that had this info.

The way to turn off the seat belt alarm is to program it off, directions are in the owners manual.

If you are going to spit, toilet paper and duct tape it to be off, the seat belt buckle circuit would have been the one to use, adn neither of those wires even has a white in the wire color or stripe, let alone be a white wire.

The PAD is giving a LFC ? Can you post the LFC ?

Old 07-15-2011, 05:30 PM
the white wires are in the seat belt buckle reciever under the seat i wrapped them together i was just wondering if the two systems had anything to to with eachother

Old 07-15-2011, 05:45 PM
the blink code is key on solid then flashes 5 1 5 1 5 1 5 1 5 1 then stays on the number is 30

Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 PM
if its anything like the 97-03s you just have to go through a series of turning the key in the on/off position and buckling and unbuckling the seatbelt to get the seatbelt alarm turned on or off. There should be a guide in the owners manual its really easy to do and I did it on my truck.

Old 07-16-2011, 12:52 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can you post the thread where you got this info, you posted you read on here.

As posted above, I did not find any white wires in the SRS section, are the wires white only ?

If you are getting a flash code of 5 1 5 1 5 1 5 1 5 1, the LFC is 51, not 30 ( the LFC repeats 5 times ).

I am 75% sure the 2005 LFC table is the same as the 2006, which shows the driver's side belt buckle switch has a short to ground or the resistance is wrong.

Restore the belt buckle switch back to factory install, and use the procedure in the owners manual to turn off the alarm the correct way.

Old 07-16-2011, 04:21 AM
thanks a lot i was dumb to listen to the one person on the thread that everyone told was dumb they were right i just got tired of having to do this every time my battery came unhooked cant find the thread i saw it on

Quick Reply: Airbag light is on because seatbelt has been tampered with?