Ford alarm sytem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2001, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford alarm sytem

I had the Ford alarm system installed when I purchased my truck. Once, I some how had activated the auto alarm arming mode and I have tried to figure out how again but I can never get it to work. I have tried the routine to turn on the auto locks and that has not been able to do it. Can anyone help? The mode I'm refering to is when it will automatically turn the alarm on after a few seconds after you have turned off and left the truck. I have to use the FOB to do it all the time, and unfortunately sometimes I forget.

Old 07-14-2001, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have not had any luck with the alarm funtioning a few seconds after on its own. The way I alarm my system is locking with the autolock and keeping the button pressed for about 1 second and then hitting the lock button again. The horn will sound and then your alarm will be activated. If you find out about the auto arming feature then let me know because I didn't know my truck would do that. I just see the "theft" light in the panel when my doors are locked regardless of whether I use the alarm or not.

Quick Reply: Ford alarm sytem