Dash theft/security system light wire

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2001, 08:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Dash theft/security system light wire

I have a 97 F150 XLT without the factory keyless entry or alarm. Does anyone know if there is already a wire and an actual light bulb in the gauge cluster for the theft light if there is no factory alarm? With the lights on at night, I can the place that is supposed to light when a factory system is armed. I am installing an aftermarket keyless entry/alarm that comes with an LED light that can be installed on the dash. Would it be possible to connect the wire to the theft light in the dash so it would light when the system is armed?

Old 07-12-2001, 09:07 PM
Pharm04,

Sorry I can't answer your question but I can say that the LED is as much a deterrent to someone tampering with your vehicle as an indication to you that it is activated. My point is that the dash indicator is not very bright or visible from most angles so you would not be as well served by trying to use it.

Good luck!

Old 07-15-2001, 01:18 AM
Lightbulb

Pharm04,

Like you my 97 XLT didn't come with a factory alarm so I installed my own. The green arrow shows where I mounted my LED. Pretty clost to Factory. Used to have it on the other side but had to make room for my illuminated Blue Switch for my KC's.

Old 07-15-2001, 08:33 AM
Here is where I put my LED

Quick Reply: Dash theft/security system light wire