Problem with door locks, dome light, radio and low tire pressure alarm

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Problem with door locks, dome light, radio and low tire pressure alarm

I am experiencing an issue that starts with the low tire pressure alarm going off and immediately the following problems occur. The key FOB no longer works, the interior electronic door locks stop working, the radio no longer turns off when I open the door and the doom lights do not come on when the door is opened. Looking at the fuse panel I suspected that the problem was related to fuse #107 (door locks) and removed it to check. It appeared fine, and when I replaced it everything went back to normal (reset after a few clicks). However, the problem keeps happening. I have switched fuses thinking there was a problem with the particuliar fuse, but no help. It is starting to happen more frequently, almost daily...and seems to be loosly related to outside temperature. It is around 100 deg here. Any ideas...I saw a post from 2008 with the exact same issue, but no final solution.

I have a 2007 F150 King Ranch

Last edited by mopster; 07-07-2010 at 10:37 PM. Reason: Identify particular vehicle
Old 07-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Few threads on similar symptoms.

1 of 2 things

1. broken splice in the driver's side door sill
Few threads on the topic, here is 1 of them
https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...door-open.html

2. Bad ground at the VSM ( Vehicle Security Module ) behind the rear panel ( or seat and panel if a SCab / SCrew ).
- I have seen 1 or 2 threads where this was the case.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/el...wont-lock.html

I would start with the ground, as the symptom list does not appear to mirror the splice problem, but this is not ruled out at this point.

Technical Articles has a thread on removing the back seat.
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ar...08-my-way.html

Old 05-08-2011, 07:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I pretty well had the same problem as you. '06 Supercrew, Lariat. Noticed that the remote locks were starting to act intermittent. Then poof. No locks remote or door switch. Radio not going off when opening door(keys removed). No automatic locks. No dome lights when opening door. No "door ajar" light. No chime for lights left on or keys left in ignition. Left passenger door sill, found a blistered wire. Light green/yellow. Removed the blistered area, stripped 2 ends, found wires were shinny, no black, splice and heat shrink and Ta! Da! one repair many fixes.

I suspect somehow the wire got pinched when I had some body work done.

Also when you inspect your wiring, look for a green powder, cooper corrodes green, where you find it, you'll probably find the wire.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Problem with door locks, dome light, radio and low tire pressure alarm