Help truck wont crank!

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help truck wont crank!

So last night I decided to change my superchips tune for some different transmission settings. I installed the new tune successfully and went to class later than night. (it started right up and drove all the way there.) Then I got out of class and walked to my truck to go home. I put in the key, everything turns on just fine... accept the engine. The started didn't even make a sound. The ignition tumbler turns to the start position, everything on the dash shuts off and the truck wont start. After i release the start position on the tumbler the dash turns back on but the starter doesn't roll over. This resulted in me getting my truck towed home. I have tried to start the truck with a 50 amp charger but I still get nothing. Usually I would suspect the starter solenoid, but the truck doesn't even sound like its trying to start. What should I do. I don't want to go ahead and but a new starter if I don't need one. I'm thinking it may be the PATS system but the fuel pump is running because I can hear it. Any suggestions?

Old 01-29-2010, 04:04 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can you post some info on your truck, or complete your profile.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F150 xl, 5.4 superchip 1415, flowmaster I have a feeling its either my alarm system or the PATS system.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:50 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Sigh... Flowmasters have nothing to do with starting.

We need to know the year, what transmission, and whether there are are any aftermarket remote starters or security systems installed.

If you have a security system with a starter interrupt, bypass it first.

What is your THEFT light doing?

Old 01-30-2010, 12:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
And, since you have power to everything with the ignition key ON, what happens if you return your tune to "stock"? I think I'd try that as a first step.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Help truck wont crank!