panel lights LED

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 04:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
panel lights LED

i have a 98 f150 and my illumination led lights are out on the panel....i still have the lights that come on when u turn your key like check engine, oil light, battery light, air bag light............but my lights behind speedometer, tachometer, climate control, steering wheel and lights on doors are all out.....it seems that every led light went out....any help...fuses test out fine

Old 03-12-2009, 04:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Did you replace your interior bulbs with LEDs ?

Old 03-12-2009, 10:06 PM
no never touched bulbs.....they are still the green ones....im thinkin something with the headlight switch possibly

Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by vtox39
no never touched bulbs.....they are still the green ones....im thinkin something with the headlight switch possibly
Technically speaking, they are standard 194 and 74-type incandescent bulbs, with a factory Ford Blue tint, but the low 3000K temp. output of halogens produce a "teal" output.

Just thought you should know! If you wanna swap to LEDs, let me know:

Yes, I know....I missed one...

Old 03-13-2009, 10:01 AM

no never touched bulbs.....they are still the green ones....I'm thinking something with the headlight switch possibly
If the ashtray, HVAC, clock spring, etc are all out, then is would be the instrument dimmer switch output.

Did you rotate the **** all the way down ?

You say fuses test out fine, there is only 1 fuse that should test, if the parking lamps still work.

If the instrument dimmer is rotated all the way up, check the main headlamp switch connector C245 ( 6 pin inline connector, 1 row of 6 )

Pin 6 - Dark Blue w/ White Stripe wire. This is the output of CJB ( central Junction Box , cab fuse panel ) Fuse 18. Should have 12+ volts when the main headlamp switch is in the park or head position.

Pin 1 - Light Blue w/ Red Stripe wire. This is the output of the dimmer switch, the voltage should be close to 12+ volts with the dimmer rotated all the way up ( just before the interior lamps click on ).
- This is what goes to a splice, and fans out to the instrument illumination, radio, HVAC panel, ashtray, steering wheel, etc.

Ground to test with on this connector is pin 4, black wire.

Old 03-14-2009, 04:24 PM
i tapped through the light blue/red striped wire with a test bulb and am not getting a light.......tried a switch out the junk yard but does the same thing....still no illuminaiton lights.....i dont know what the deal is

Old 03-15-2009, 11:04 PM

i tapped through the light blue/red striped wire with a test bulb and am not getting a light.......tried a switch out the junk yard but does the same thing....still no illumination lights.....i dont know what the deal is
What were the voltages on the pins noted above ( Both in and out of the dimmer ) ?

Quick Reply: panel lights LED