Electrical Gremlins Resolved - 1998 F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2009, 02:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Electrical Gremlins Resolved - 1998 F150

I have not posted in a while, but wanted to share my resolution to many electrical gremlins I had been having on my 1998 F150.

First I want to start by thanking this website and its members for the many wonderful posts and knowledge shared. I also want to thank member JMC for his post and pictures that helped me resolve my electrical issues.

Now I will share some of the electrical issues I was facing - and actually believed it to be related to the GEM. Even had local Ford dealership to once diagnose it as the GEM. I was having Radio display issues - numbers not displaying, Turn signals not working if I had the headlights turned on, driver side window not rolling up and down, Heater and A/C fan not working. This is just some of the gremlins I was facing.

I originally thought it was the GEM, but I traced the problems back to the Ground wire located behind the kick panel on the passenger side. Thanks for the pictures that JMC posted several years back. The ground wire was loose. I determined that it had been left loose after the new Heater Core had been installed about 1 year ago... just about the time that my first electrical issue started.

Anyway I have included the link to the pictures that JMC provided on the ground wire -

https://www.f150online.com/forums/2739213-post22.html
https://www.f150online.com/forums/2739215-post23.html

Thanks for such a wonder website -
TN_Triton

Last edited by TN_Triton; 01-23-2009 at 03:10 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Glad you got it resolved and it's great that your help came from the site!

Quick Reply: Electrical Gremlins Resolved - 1998 F150