2002 f150 Instrument Cluster Panel won't turn on... Help me Please.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 f150 Instrument Cluster Panel won't turn on... Help me Please.

Hi all,
I have a 2002 f150 supercab...I am having a problem with the instrument cluster panel not illuminating (usually they illuminate when I turned on my head lights). I checked the fuse that runs the cluster panel thinking it was the problem and changed it a few times...But the fuse kept blowing out. Can you please help me with my problem... THanks in advance! -KARL-

Old 09-02-2008, 02:39 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
if you keep blowing fuses there's a short someplace, did anything get spilled on the dash lately?

Old 09-02-2008, 04:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
you only specified the cluster not illuminating. can i assume from this that your headlights do come on and stay on?

if that is the case and your headlights illuminate while the cluster does not, i would suspect the dimmer switch. try disconnecting the dimmer switch from the harness and seeing if the problem still occurs. and while your in there you may want to check from worn out/cracked/rubbing wires that could be causing the problem.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:28 AM
Originally Posted by 02SC4x4
you only specified the cluster not illuminating. can i assume from this that your headlights do come on and stay on?

if that is the case and your headlights illuminate while the cluster does not, i would suspect the dimmer switch. try disconnecting the dimmer switch from the harness and seeing if the problem still occurs. and while your in there you may want to check from worn out/cracked/rubbing wires that could be causing the problem.
Yes, the cluster does not illuminate, however, the headlights do come on and stay on... Any pictures or directions on how to gain access into the dimmer switch harness?

Old 09-03-2008, 02:30 AM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
if you keep blowing fuses there's a short someplace, did anything get spilled on the dash lately?
I did not spill anything on the dash...

Old 09-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by karl84
Any pictures or directions on how to gain access into the dimmer switch harness?
the dimmer switch and headlight **** are held in by the same piece. gently pry it out and unplug the wires from the dimmer switch.

Quick Reply: 2002 f150 Instrument Cluster Panel won't turn on... Help me Please.