How to dual alternators

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 11:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to dual alternators

I have a Ford E350 that I need to put dual alternators into can anyone tell me the easiest way?

Also I know I would need a different Serpentine belt would anyone happen to have that part number as well as any other part numbers

Thanks In Advance

Old 07-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Dual Alternators????

Why dual alternators.... Put a heavy duty on and then a battery isolator. It will charge both, but keep the aux from running down the cranking. It's a whole lot simpler!

Old 07-16-2008, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by korbela
I have a Ford E350 that I need to put dual alternators into can anyone tell me the easiest way?

Also I know I would need a different Serpentine belt would anyone happen to have that part number as well as any other part numbers

Thanks In Advance
If your E-350 came with a diesel motor then you're in luck cause Ford offered those with a dual alternator package, which will make it a lot easier. Not sure if it was offered with the gassers or not.

Old 07-17-2008, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Zaairman
If your E-350 came with a diesel motor then you're in luck cause Ford offered those with a dual alternator package, which will make it a lot easier. Not sure if it was offered with the gassers or not.

Hmmok what I am trying to do is we have an inverter system on this truck and I would like to be able to charge the battery while driving. I was looking at purchasing a 250AMP Alternator as a sole charger for this system but it sound like it should be ok and use a battery isolator.

Is there a bigger alternator available I was told about a ball bearing sealed alternator but couldnt find anything.

Thanks

Quick Reply: How to dual alternators