1999 F-150 need help on aftermarket cruise control

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 10:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 F-150 need help on aftermarket cruise control

Hi my name is Robert, from Lake Havasu city AZ. I have a stock 99 F-150 XL w/4.6 & automatic. I bougth a aftermarket cruise control from AudioVox, css 100. Hope it wasn't a mistake. Has anyone put one in a tk similar to mine? The installtion instruction are not that much help & the AudioVox tech isn't much help ether.I'm stuck on the grey &black wire from the servo to the vehicle speed sensor (vss) on my tk the haynes repair book says it on the left middle of the trans, bottom. But not sure the instructions says to connect the grey wire to vss wire, but it has two wires & it doesn't tell me wich one to connect to I hope someone can help me or steer me to info:o Thanks alot, hope to hear from someone soon.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:44 PM
RE: 1999 F-150 need help on aftermarket cruise control

It should not matter which of the VSS (variable speed sensor) wires you splice on to... all your system is looking for is the pulse that is generated and is sent out on that pair of wires. Where does your instructions say to put the black wire? To ground? Hope that helps.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:41 AM
are you sure you want to trust an audiovox cruise control setup?

Old 06-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Hi guys, thank you returning a reply. I have go out of town for about 4 days. I'll get back with more imfo.

Old 06-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Hi tj03f150 & edquipt, thanks for your reply. As for trusting AudioVox I read their customer review on the product & thougt it would be a cheaper way to put a cruise control in my truck. So I don't know, quess I should of asked someone by asking on a post. I'm always trying to put a round object in a square I connected all wires & the servo & vacuum. I tried the gray wire to each of the wires on the vss, one at a time, & nothing happened, so I checked both wires that go to the vss sensor w/ a voltmeter key on , no volt reading from either wire. Instructions said not to use the black wire if you have vss, but I don't know if I'm getting a pulse signal So I'm going to hook-up the magnet kit on the driveshaft (instructions say use it if there is no vss signal) & see what happens. Any reply will be helpful thanks

Old 06-29-2008, 05:38 PM
Hi guys, I finally got this cruise control to work I used the magnet kit that goes on the drive shaft connected the black & grey wire to it. So that left me with a blue wire to connect to a tach or coil , I don't have a tach, so went to the coil, nothing. I called the tech at Audiovox, got a better tech than last time. He made it alot clearer where to connect the bluewire to a pink/white strip wire from one harness that goes to the computer. Got a pulse but still no cruise control. Called the tech again to see what gives, turns out the programming table in the installation manual didn't come close for my truck. The tech told me which switch to turn off & put on . Hope this will help someone that wants to go this way on a cheapo cruise control

Quick Reply: 1999 F-150 need help on aftermarket cruise control