Stretched fuse holder

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stretched fuse holder

I just removed my CB radio the other day and like an idiot i had shoved the wire in the fuse holder then shoved the fuse in behind it. this was done in the in cab fuse box. the wiring method stretched the fuse holder and now the fuse doesnt stay where its supposed to be (i know because my power windows dont work until i wiggle the fuse).

is there a fix to this problem?

Old 05-30-2008, 06:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe try breaking off the blade of a male connecter and sticking it to the fuse blade with some Dilectric grease. This would hold the fuse in a bit better.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by chiefFX4
I just removed my CB radio the other day and like an idiot i had shoved the wire in the fuse holder then shoved the fuse in behind it. this was done in the in cab fuse box. the wiring method stretched the fuse holder and now the fuse doesnt stay where its supposed to be (i know because my power windows dont work until i wiggle the fuse).

is there a fix to this problem?
Twist the blades slightly on the fuse? Or, using needlenose pliers, "curve" them a bit so they'll hold in the widened holder?

NoLonger, I think you're just asking for a hot short if you put an extra piece of metal in the fuse holder. (But something like that was my first idea).

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 05-30-2008 at 06:38 PM. Reason: Added caution about extra metal
Old 05-31-2008, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont know about adding more to the fuse holder even though thats what i did to beging with, by wiring the cb in the way i did. im gonna try the "bending" method and see what happens. thanks guys. it was really annoying tonight on the way home when i wanted to start out with the windows down to let the rest of the heat of the day out and then i wanted the windows up. i had to search around (left the fuse panel open) and push what i needed in to get the windows up.

let this be a lesson. take no short cuts and do everything right the first time. you never know when it will come back and bite you in the rear. i used to think that cb would be in the truck forever.

Quick Reply: Stretched fuse holder