dome light power windows

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 08:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry dome light power windows

my dome light will not work fuse is fine.also power windows quit at same time any connection you think

Last edited by jerry5710; 03-04-2007 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
does the dome work if you open any door? do the windows work on the other doors?

based on what u said, and u said very little, i will take a wild guess and say its the ground connection to the door and all components in the door, since it all stopped at one time.

tear the door apart and get to work.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Which fuse did you check ( please don't say all, give a fuse box, and fuse number specifically ).

The reason I ask, is it sounds as if your battery saver relay does not have power or went bad.

The Battery saver relay is fed from Battery Junction box fuse # 103, 50 A.
If you pull the battery saver relay and put a meter on pin #1 or Pin #3, you should have >=+12V DC.
The pins are labeled on the bottom of the relay, so you just need to hold the relay next to the socket, and line up the numbers to the socket, to get the pin numbers.

The Battery saver relay has the ground to the coil switch via the GEM. Once the GEM counts down the time ( I think 15 min ?? ), it switches ground off.

The battery saver relay feeds the interior lamps, the interior lamp relay, and the accy delay relay ( power side of the coil, ground is via the GEM ).

The Accy delay relay fees power to the power window switch, and the OTD relay for the driver's side window.

Start by checking for power at the Battery saver relay.
or
Take the switch panel off the driver's side door, and with the key in the on or accy position, check for power on the light blue w/ black stripe wire ( output of the accy delay relay ).

1st is checking if power is going into the system ( which is where I would start if both happened at the same time )
2nd is checking if power is getting to the door ( if both symptoms are happening now, but started at slightly different times ).

The answers to these questions & tests should provide info, to know where to go next ( if the 50A fuse is good ).

Old 03-04-2007, 07:34 PM
Question more info on problem

Originally Posted by jerry5710
my dome light will not work fuse is fine.also power windows quit at same time any connection you think
i changed the power relay breaker and dome light would not work neither would windows also wipers will not work.
battery saver relay changed.
one touch window relay changed
switch some relays in main power box around since most were the same and still nothing

Old 03-05-2007, 11:17 PM
what else

I checked the 2 relays and they seem to work. What else could it be.. If there is no power going to the battery saver what next?

Old 03-05-2007, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by ryanj53
I checked the 2 relays and they seem to work. What else could it be.. If there is no power going to the battery saver what next?
They seem to work, or they do work ? This is pretty much a binary answer, and will only show good or bad, not "seem to"

If you are sure of how you checked the power in at the battery saver relay, the answer was in the post above :

The Battery saver relay is fed from Battery Junction box fuse # 103, 50 A.
Then again, you did not provide answers to any of the questions above. If you want help, you are going to have to put some effort into it, as in provide the answers to the questions asked, and read the directions.

Old 03-06-2007, 07:15 AM
50amp fuse is good

the battery relay is getting fire on the two pins you described but still no function in windows wipers dome or turn

Trending Topics

Old 03-06-2007, 01:05 PM

the battery relay is getting fire on the two pins you described but still no function in windows wipers dome or turn
Should I take "is getting fire" to mean it has DC voltage on it, >=12 ?

Open Question : What fuse(s) did you check for this ? ( actual fuse #, panel location, and how you checked them ).

Did you follow the next direction in the post above :
Take the switch panel off the driver's side door, and with the key in the on or accy position, check for power on the light blue w/ black stripe wire ( output of the accy delay relay ).
BTW : Did you read any of the post above ?

Old 03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
check blue wire

i check the wire blue wire with white stripe no fire no fire on any of the wires on window panel

Old 03-06-2007, 11:02 PM

i check the wire blue wire with white stripe no fire no fire on any of the wires on window panel
Where are you going with any of this ?

1. Did you have the key in the run or Accy position when you tried this ?

2. The light blue w/ black stripe wire.

3. What is with the "fire" Do you have issue with saying volts, power, or voltage ?

4. Are you ever going to answer any of the questions above, or are you just posting for the sake of posting stuff ?

5. Did you return the relays back to the normal locations ( the swapping around you noted above, along with replacing a "power relay breaker " what ever this is ?
5.1. You added items that were not working after you played musical electrical components. Is this due to a lack of inclusion in the start of the thread, or did it start later.

Last edited by SSCULLY; 03-06-2007 at 11:05 PM.

Quick Reply: dome light power windows