Optional electrical connections for remote start

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Optional electrical connections for remote start

I am planning on wiring up the ford oem starter/keyless entry module on my new '05 F150. I have been looking at the Gemsen site at the RMST/RKE installaion guides and can't seem to find wiring info for the Heated Seats, Heated Mirrors or the power sunroof.

What I hope to do is install the remote starter and wire the heated seats to the headlight illumination output, not sure if I need a relay to send power to the seat for this or if I can just pulse the switch on the environmental controls in the center console.

I would like to wire the heated mirrors to the rear defrost output. Anyone know where the wires for that would be located?

Finally, I would also like to use the trunk release to open the sunroof (for cooling truck in summertime). Can I send a pulse to the switch in the roof of the truck or do I have to use a timed relay?

I have been bidding on a dvd service manual on Ebay, but I doubt I will have it soon enough for the install.

Looking through the forums I found this for the heated seats, does anyone know if this info is correct for the 2005 F150? :
There are two types of heated seats. One's Motorola and the other is Bosch.
On the Bosch- you need to apply 12v to the DG/VT wire at the switch. Same with the passenger side.
On the Motorola. The DG/VT wire needs to be grounded.
Each seat will have to be wired up separately.
To determine which system you have, check the polarity on the DG/VT wire when you activate the switch.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear Defrost is a Dk. Blue with Orange stripe wire at your rear defrost switch.

Your heated seats should be a positive pulse wire but you will have to test it. I have yet to turn the heated seats on for a newer F150 but on my Excursion and my wifes Expedition they were 12volt pulse. I just hooked a relay up. If it is positive then you need to hook pins 87 and 86 to 12 volts, pin 30 to the seat wire, pin 85 to your blue with white stripe rear defrost wire on your Ford system.

As for your sunroof wires. That's another thing I have yet to do on the new F150. You will have to test this out yourself. I have four sources of wiring info I use and none show anything for the sunroof.

Quick Reply: Optional electrical connections for remote start