AUTOMATE Car Alarms

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2004, 08:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AUTOMATE Car Alarms

I bought my 2000 F-150 used and i noticed there was a red LED on the dash. I thought it was just part of the stock alarm system but today when I was in Ford picking up the key foggles they said it wasn't theirs. So i got to looking aroun a little more and found the modular and a siren. Turns out it's an AUTOMATE 415. Now all I have to do is find a dealer someplace around here because this one came from Arizona. Does anyone know if this is a common alram or anyplace in your area that sells this type of alarm? Thanks

Old 03-17-2004, 10:17 PM
Automate is made by DEI.

I believe it's the same company that makes Viper and Prestige or Audiovox.
It is an upgrade to your factory keyless entry and uses the factory key Fobs.. I have one on my truck (i dont remember the model # though)

It is pretty good, but lacks Glass breakage, however the dual stage shock sensor works well enough on mine that if you kick the tires, it gives you warning chirps. I'm happy with mine so far.

Between that and the PATS system, I feel secure.

Old 03-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Today i went into Audio Experts and told them about it and they looked around and found a low profile switch way up under the dash. But someone had torn the wires outa it so he hooked them back up and it works like magic now.

Quick Reply: AUTOMATE Car Alarms