Lights On with Unlock

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 01:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RockPick,

Just to answer your earlier question, Ford has this feature now. My headlights do come on when I use the remote to unlock it. They also stay on for a predetermined time after I get out and lock the doors. Lets me see where I'm going.

In fact; it now also has a "auto" feature. In daylight, the headlights don't come on, but at night they do. I don't even have to turn my headlights on or off for driving. They come on automatically when it gets dark, and go off again when it gets light.

This 2004 F-150 is really getting me spoiled.

Old 12-13-2003, 02:30 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Interesting John...

So, at night, when you're walking up to your vehicle from, let's say, Wal-Mart, and you click the 'unlock' button on your keyfob, it kicks your HEADLIGHTS on? Does it still kick on the interior lights as well? Interesting... It's about time they added that feature...

Oh yeah, CCarrara... they do frequent our boards. Just trust me on this one.

RP

Old 02-10-2004, 05:52 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Brad,

Just realized that this got dropped on the floor. Are you up for picking it back up and running with it ?

Let us know, so we can break out the books again. No need to blow dust off of them, they never seem to sit that long

Steve

Old 02-12-2004, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know that some of the new Explorers have Puddle Lights in the mirrors, or Courtesy Lights in the running boards that come on with the unlock.
If there is an option like this in the F150 that could be run to the headlight circuit, or at least use the design idea from the Explorer and bring it over, might serve the purpose here.
I was actually looking at something like this, just wanted to light the running boards with the unlock, figured on tapping into the rear cargo light if it was possible.

My Gallery - https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=3618

Quick Reply: Lights On with Unlock