The Truth about Ford Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 11:47 PM
TDS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile The Truth about Ford Dealers

Since I am a couple of weeks away from retirement, I intend to post the absolute truth in this Forum. I just have to wait a few more days for "big brother" A.K.A. Ford to quit monitering my incoming & outgoing messages on this terminal at the dealer.
Who would ever think that they would be interested in this website and it's Forums content? Surely they would not use the info in these sites against their customers or employees?

Will post at a later date from home terminal & tell all.

The wife can not believe the crap that the Dealer owner has asked of techs and of me in the last 6 weeks.

Keep Checking

TDS

Old 04-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Congratulations on your retirement !!

Old 04-21-2004, 12:48 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: The Truth about Ford Dealers

Originally posted by TDS
Since I am a couple of weeks away from retirement, I intend to post the absolute truth in this Forum. I just have to wait a few more days for "big brother" A.K.A. Ford to quit monitering my incoming & outgoing messages on this terminal at the dealer.
Who would ever think that they would be interested in this website and it's Forums content? Surely they would not use the info in these sites against their customers or employees?...
While this is an excellent and well thought out plan to protect you and your well being, I don't think you have considered the well being of this website and it's webmaster.
If you have inflammatory information about Ford that you feel must have an outlet, I would encourage you do take a day and read 'Creating Websites for Dummies'. It will give you step by step procedures to setup a venue for this information without causing f150online undue hardship.

Last edited by Raoul; 04-22-2004 at 04:12 PM.
Old 04-21-2004, 10:51 PM
Raul,

I don't understand.

Are you saying a person should not post comments that are unflattering to Ford even if they are true statements?

I personally would like to hear some of the underhanded tactics they may use against its unknowing customers. It could save someone a lot of heartache.

I do understand it should not be used as a personal platform to defame or UNFAIRLY accuse them of wrongdoing.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:11 PM
TDS
Smile Truth about Ford

Do not worry, this website nor the webmaster have any thing to fear. Its the Dealership that's has it coming back to them 3 fold.

Besides Ford has been monitoring this site for years, and that is not "new" news. Its been discussed numerous times.

Like a wise man once said, "Be careful what you say, do or post on the internet. Its there for all to see.

Besides that , some have even supplied photos that could be evidence in warranty issues.

Old 04-21-2004, 11:29 PM
TDS
Question Raoul's Comment

I hope that a goat herder from Va. was not saying that I am a "dummy". I have been born and raise in Alabama, have been called a "redneck" by some, but, at least I don't have or raise goats, chickens, cows or other livestock. And to the best of my knowledge have never written a bad check.

Old 04-22-2004, 09:18 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Smile

Where to begin?
On the 'Dummies' comment. I own many 'for dummies' books. They are good resources for a quick lookup on subjects in which I'm not well versed. It was not meant as a slight.

The rest of post was food for thought based on the original post.
Of course you can bad mouth Ford here without repisal. However, TDS implied that his revelations were so explosive that they would have got him fired so, he was waiting until he retired.

If he needs to retire before it can safely be posted then perhaps it should be posted elsewhere. I guess it depends on how generic it is.

This would be OK:
"Ford reads these Forums and will use evidence here against you. I know this because I worked for Ford and they made me do it."

This would not be OK:
"Fred Flintstone, General Manager of DueFlip Ford, made me find and print the f150online posts of one our customers, Sam Schlep so we could deny his warranty."

This drags the website into possible litigation.

Old 04-22-2004, 01:41 PM
bah, we cant delete our own posts???

Old 04-22-2004, 02:25 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Never have been able to do that.
You can edit your post changing everything to a single dot (period).

If Deleting your posts were allowed can you imagine how many 'Zorros' we would have have running around here, "now you see me, now you don't" and "catch me if you can".

Old 04-22-2004, 03:07 PM
TDS:

Since you are a Service Manager at a Ford dealership I am very interested in hearing what you have to say - I really do not want to wait two weeks but I guess we will have to.

In waiting
Screwdrive

Old 04-26-2004, 09:02 PM
TDS I´ll love to hear from you!

I had in the past a nightmere wit a GM dealer in Mexico. I want to hear what other things can happen with our vehicles.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:54 AM
TDS:

We should be hearing from you about now..... Get the shovel out and let ur rip.

Screwdrive

Old 05-10-2004, 11:35 PM
TDS
Truth about Ford Dealers

Greetings,

TDS is out of commission for a few more days, he is recovering from a health problem. His blood pressure had gone un-checked for too long, it went to stroke level 210 over 120. Lucky for him they discovered this while sitting in the Doc in the Box, he was there for a different reason.
I told him that he had been working too hard and too long of hours, not really taking care of himself, more worried about others (customers). His ekg came back abnormal, chest x-rays showed slight heart enlargement. He has been told to quit smoking and get out of the stressful way of life.
I myself hope that he listens to the doctors and to me, his wife of
19 years.
He told me to send this e-mail, also told me to post all of these notes that he has written and laying on his desk. I hope that I am doing this correctly.
He should be out of the hospital in time to retire, possible Wednesday. He still intends to tell the storys of his dealer experiences over the last years.

Sincerely,

JPS

Old 05-13-2004, 11:32 PM
TDS
Talking I'M Back

Hey Guys & Gals,

Just got home a few hours ago, and am now official unemployed (retired). The hospital stay was no fun, also not my idea of a way to start retirement. Stay tuned for the "Truth about Ford Dealers" post coming soon to this web-site.
Got to go now, the wife is taking me to see the cardiologist.

TDS

Old 05-14-2004, 05:52 AM
TDS,

I'm glad to hear you're doing better. Congratulations on your retirement. Hopefully, that will help you recover fully.

Be well,
John

Quick Reply: The Truth about Ford Dealers