Mike I fax'd you the custom sheet

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2002, 11:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike I fax'd you the custom sheet

Mike.
I fax'd you the custom sheet yesterday. Still haven't found a TB or MAF. Have you? Yesterday that was a good thread with you , Crash and a couple of other members discussing the chargers. I asked if anyone had any numbers on the Vortech? Guess not! hope I didn't say something wrong. You know this is my first blower that I have ever owned, even driven. I guess maybe I made a mistake? Anyway speaking about performance it's all about who crosses the finish line first not the starting line!!!Ain't that a fact Mike my wise friend. And talking to Mike downhere in Vegas the guy who is one of the owners of Silverstate Dyno has the one to beat I think anyway! He's got that old Lightning"s 351cc just a blowing the exhaust around for a real cool low 9'sss. I think it's a 95. Got the motor out of it right now!!I think that he can see the 8 second mark. Unbelievable. Must just be the money. Anyway I'm looking forward hearing from you and getting Mike here to do some DYNO testing for me when I get a couple of mods installed with the flip chip. Thanks Mike. Talk to you soon...Jim

Old 04-21-2002, 06:32 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Jim!

We dropped by the office over the weekend & saw that you had sent a fax. I haven't had a chance to read it over carefully yet, I'll do that on Monday, and then we'll want to speak again after that. No problem on the TB & MAF components for you, & I'll fill you in on all that when we speak over the phone in a day or so.

No, I don't think that you have "made a mistake" in your choice of a centrifugal blower, not at all. In your case, you happened to get lucky and run across a good deal on that Vortech unit, so you took advantage of it. I don't consider that a mistake, as you aren't having any problems with it, the blower is working well, so I'd have to say that deal worked out very nicely for you. Nor would I say that "it's a mistake" in all cases to use a centrifugal blower on these heavy vehicles, it depends on what you're looking for. Yes, it is true that I personally prefer using a positive displacement type of blower on heavy vehicles in the majority of situations, for the instant torque they deliver, but that doesn't mean centrifugals are "a mistake." Your truck is running nicely with it's centrifugal blower and you're enjoying the results, which is all that matters, the happiness of each individual vehicle owner.

Now you're at the point where it just needs a couple of finishing touches component-wise to really take advantage of all the great work you've already done, and then final tuning, and you'll have a wickedly fast F-150 that any hot-rodder would be very happy to own. I'd call that a complete success.

Talk to you soon!

Quick Reply: Mike I fax'd you the custom sheet