Superchip ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2002, 03:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Superchip ?

Can a superchip be your first mod and others added such as exhausts or FIPK without reprogramming the chip?

Jim

Old 04-02-2002, 05:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
An intake and exhaust don't require a reburn. There are several mods that can be done that done require a reburn.
Unless someone has a ton of money it's hard to do everything and then get a chip set up for it. I think there are a lot of people who start with a chip. I did. It wasn't untill I went with the supercharger that I needed a different program.
If you want to start with a Superchip, you'll be OK!

Have fun!
Tom

Old 04-03-2002, 07:59 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi 96Magna,

Wittom's response is right, you do not have to have the Superchips program changed for things like an airbox elimination kit (Air Force One, K&N FIPK, etc.), a cat-back exhaust, underdrive pulleys, electric fans, etc.

You only need custom programming in these late-model F-150's, etc., if you change the MAF (mass airflow meter), or do things like a supercharger, ported heads, camshaft changes, etc. Also, should you ever do any major modifications that would require custom programming after you get your Superchip, it can always be updated later on with a custom program for a small fee if needed, and that can be done time after time, so that no matter how far you go, you can always have your Superchip program changed.

Please feel free to give us a call to go over all the details or if you'd like to ask questions before making your decision, etc.

Quick Reply: Superchip ?