Edge programmer with remanufactured transmission

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge programmer with remanufactured transmission

Ok so for the second time my transmission on my 2004 f150 has went out again so I bought a remanufactured one it’s a shift pro by ete, I’m wondering is it safe to use my edge now or should I just sell it? I was thinking that the edge is the reason my tranny went out both times because both times I put it on level 3 and ran for awhile and then guess what tranny is slipping. Does the edge cause that or was that just something within my tranny? I really don’t wanna mess this new one up but I do like the idea of the firm shifts that helps the clutches last longer. Has anyone else used an edge with a remanufactured tranny?

Old 03-02-2018, 07:38 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
How many miles between transmissions? How many miles do you have now and what engine?

The Shift Pro website shows a 4R70W being rebuilt and tested...

Old 03-02-2018, 07:42 PM
First Time I did it was at 207000 this time at 234000 it’s the 5.4 I hadn’t even done the first fluid change on it and it was slipping in every gear

Old 03-02-2018, 07:46 PM
I looked on there website and watched the video and that’s what concerns me because they changed some stuff to make it last longer and I don’t wanna use the edge and shorten the life again if that was the problem but I loved my edge even bragged about it and actually ran with a few mustangs from a running start

Old 03-02-2018, 09:14 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Ask Shift Pro what they think.

Old 03-02-2018, 10:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
I agree. Ask. It certainly can't hurt. Worst thing they'll do is tell you no or not come back with any answer.

Old 03-02-2018, 11:18 PM
I’m currently waiting on a reply if they give one

Trending Topics

Old 03-23-2018, 04:57 PM
Mike Schmitz (Shift Pro)

Mar 23, 1:56 PM CDT

Dave,

here are all the updates we do to the 4R70 transmissions.

• Six-plate direct clutch and four-plate intermediate clutch packs, standard on all models, increase durability and performance.
• New EPC solenoid installed for precise pressure control.
• New boost valve kit, pressure regulator valve, bypass converter clutch sleeve, and plunger eliminate delayed engagement, shudder, and soft shifting.
• Upgraded spiral lock snap ring and staked retainer for intermediate clutch address an OE design flaw and eliminate premature failure.
• Updated 1-2 and 2-3 accumulator pistons prevent harsh shifting and premature clutch failure.
• New overdrive servo pin sleeve installed in ETE REMAN’s servo modification process with custom-designed tooling and bushings.
• Completely remanufactured pump with new line bore bushings eliminates leaks and provides superior flow and durability.
• Fully remanufactured torque converter is tested for leaks, lockup, concentricity, and balance. Upgrades exceed OE requirements and eliminate the possibility of front seal leaks, premature bushing wear, and vibration.
• 2001 and newer models feature a new 3-4 capacity valve sleeve and an extra-thick zinc-coated Super Tough Plate to eliminate plate cracking and cross leaks caused by repeated stress from the 2-3 accumulator piston spring retainer.
• Police, towing, and performance packages include: eight-plate direct clutch pack, additional valve body modifications, elevated pressure regulator valve, and other upgrades to increase durability and load capacity.
• New custom-spec bushings improve internal fluid flow control and pressure.
• Complete road simulation testing using ETE REMAN’s proprietary dynamometer testing program called CARS (Computer- Aided Road Simulation). Every transmission is cold- and hot-tested while using Synthetec ATF, a custom-blended
fully synthetic automatic transmission fluid, and filtration system.

this is is what they told me about what all is done to it but they won’t say anything about the programmer, any ideas?

Old 03-23-2018, 05:30 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Sell the Edge and get a SCT with custom tunes. I don't trust canned tunes.

Old 03-24-2018, 10:00 AM
I don’t wanna sell it I like it I think it made a day and night difference and I’d really like to use it again. There has to be someone who has either used it before or using it now on a remanufactured

Old 03-25-2018, 10:38 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
always someone dead set on paying the tax for atupidity

best hope the trans shop doesn’t know anout the edge trans killer you love

Old 03-25-2018, 10:38 PM

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by glc
Sell the Edge and get a SCT with custom tunes. I don't trust canned tunes.
you know folks like the Ede Transmission Killer devices

Old 03-25-2018, 10:53 PM
Actually I’m not gonna use it I read up a lot since posting this and see that it’s rough on transmissions, probably why I’ve had 2 go out already so I’m done with it I’ll either sell it and get a sct or use it for the gauges

Quick Reply: Edge programmer with remanufactured transmission