OBD Lock??

Old 11-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
OBD Lock??

So for all you guys that have added tunes to your F150 or modified modules via Forscan, do any of you have a OBD port lock installed? I've seen covers for them before but I would like another layer of protection. Basically I added remote start, navigation, and a few other mods and custom tunes and if I ever take it in for any service I want to know they wont mess with the computer without consulting me first and erase all my changes for no reason. A google search came up with a few:

https://www.bem-auto.com/obd-ii-lock...EaAjqrEALw_wcB
This one looks nice, compact, not over priced, however I don't see how it locks onto the port though and the key doesn't look unique.

https://www.autocyb.com/
This one looks pretty nice too. A little bigger but the key looks more unique and its borderline expensive.

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with either of these or any other OBD lock device out there?

Old 04-16-2018, 07:11 PM
I know this sounds stupid but fuse 42...front cigarette plug was popped and my OBD port would not work. If you take it in, take out the 20 amp fuse.

Old 04-17-2018, 09:48 PM
Originally Posted by casslaw
I know this sounds stupid but fuse 42...front cigarette plug was popped and my OBD port would not work. If you take it in, take out the 20 amp fuse.
^^

This!

or another option could be to trace harness back under dash and install toggle switch across the power feed wire to the OBD port (kind of like a valet switch for remote start). Hide the toggle switch somewhere not highly visible. So long as you know where it is that's all that matters.

Another fancier option is use a magnetic / reed switch with the same option above. Heat shrink over the switch and keep a magnet close to the wire harness anytime you want power to the OBD port. Remove the magnet to prevent port from having power.

Search this Thread