Edge CTS usability

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 09:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Edge CTS usability

So I have a custom programmed Edge CTS that Power Hungry Performance made for me on my 5.4L 07

Well from what I have seen on their website they don't have options for the Ecoboost or the 5.0. They also do not do any custom tuning on the CTS anymore.

So here's the question. If I get a new truck with either the 5.0 or the Ecoboost will the CTS do me any good, are there any tuners out there that can tune with the CTS?

I personally did not notice any significant gain on the power of the truck other than running it on the high octane tune. So it can stay or go I don't really care, just want to know if I can even use it for a new truck.

If I can not I would put it up for sale and see what I can get.

Thanks for your help!

Old 02-05-2015, 10:07 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 52 Likes on 49 Posts
Pockets, since you already have custom tuning on your CTS, PHP will continue to support you, and, should be able to write new tunes for you for that device or modify the ones you already have. The dropping of custom tuning for the CTS only applies to people buying new programmers that were not already custom tuned by them.

Now that I've said that, I have no idea if Bill is offering tuning for the Ecoboost or 5.0, so you MAY be out of luck in that respect. You should call PHP and find out if that would be available for you, since you own a custom tuned Gryphon CTS. Make sure whoever you talk to knows your CTS has PHP tunes.

If they can't help you, then I know of no one else who writes custom tunes for the CTS. This is because of a decision by Edge, the sellers of that device. They don't want anyone changing the tunes in it. Their justification was to keep it 50-State CARB compliant.

- Jack

Old 02-06-2015, 09:56 AM
Thank you for that information Jack!

Can I have it flashed back to an edge programmer so I can have a tire size changed on the new truck?

Old 02-06-2015, 10:02 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Pockets
Thank you for that information Jack!

Can I have it flashed back to an edge programmer so I can have a tire size changed on the new truck?
You can do that yourself - via the software installed on yer pc. It'll lobotomize back to factory - custom calibrations will be gone as well.

MGD

Old 02-06-2015, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by MGDfan
You can do that yourself - via the software installed on yer pc. It'll lobotomize back to factory - custom calibrations will be gone as well.

MGD
Thank'ee sir! I may hold off on doing it for now until I get a new ride.

Should I just sell the thing

Old 02-06-2015, 10:09 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Pockets
Thank'ee sir! I may hold off on doing it for now until I get a new ride.

Should I just sell the thing
^^^ Yep. And invest the proceeds towards an SCT X4, wif tunin' from the good fellers @ MPT.

Do it soon - the residual values are a-droppin' as word gets around that the thangs ain't fixin' t' support custom tunes no more...just another canned programmer.

So sad - such a waste of good hardware.

MGD

Old 02-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Sell it and get a xcal4

Or keep it and use it as a glorified gauge and get a xcal4

Quick Reply: Edge CTS usability