Southern Speed Inc (SSI) 5.0 T-rex tune!

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 01:18 AM
KPC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KPC
I may in time try a MPT tune as to compare down the line. But what I want is a smooth shifting nice powerful truck across the band, really what I have now. What I mean like I told Shawn, I do not want to break the tranny or rear end, just nice and smooth and safe and not past the 6K rpm's and he did deliver that. I did put some more 87 in my truck at shell and I had a little valve chatter on the passenger side today on my way home from fueling. This is a issue I had back in january under the stock tune. I changed from real unbranded gas to shell then. So I think i will return it to stock and see if it still does it. I thought that was gone. Could be tune related and could be a continuing underlying problem. Anyone else experience any valve chatter mostly going up hill under light acceleration? Seems to clear up as i accelerate harder. Thanks
Returned to stock today and did get that light valve chatter once. So I know it it is not the tune as it still does it under the stock tune like it originally did. I called Shawn and he called me back to discuss this with me and was very supportive and looking to help resolve if any changes need to be made.But I don't think so as it runs and drives perfect with his tune.

Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Anyone notice these people that are sticking up for SSI are all Jr Members with less than 5 post's?

I wasn't sticking up for anyone my friend, just stating my experience with SSI. If you look under the Thread started by DewserB in this same section titled :
https://www.f150online.com/forums/ch...olks-love.html
You will see where I made a Post #13 Stating that I had to make a NEW USER NAME, because this site wouldn't let me log in under my old user name KOOLPONYCAR, which KPC stands for and under Koolponycar I had 176 post of which I have helped other members too and they have helped me too. That's probably why I couldn't log in, due to the lack of recent activity as I usually post more on the f150forum as you do too. I have chatted and sent and received PM's from other members also. I sent a PM to a administrator asking which name I can use and got no reply, so for now under KPC I do have fewer post. I understand your statement about the eb motors and I think you accomplished what you set out to do about what you heard and I was only giving my actual personal experience so far. I treated with respect and that is what I have gotten back. That has been my experience so far, and with the other tuners I contacted, I received the same respectful treatment also.

Old 08-13-2014, 01:29 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
should start a drinking game were everytime the word RESPECT is mentioned you take a shot. man would we all be slammed.

i find it odd how many new members are throwing that word

Old 08-13-2014, 05:42 PM
KPC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to me that every time the word RESPECT is mentioned someone here does take a shot, just not the kind you drink, LOL!

Quick Reply: Southern Speed Inc (SSI) 5.0 T-rex tune!